#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

This thread highlights why we need an ignore function. Some absolute ■■■■■■■ idiots in here

8 Likes

I agree, I wouldn’t be disappointed if he was a makeweight for a better midfielder TBH…

Fair enough, although It’s a short/non-existent list of those who were great tonight.

Disposals an interesting one… outside of a handful of players (McKenna, Tippa, Merrett, Langford…?), we don’t have many great field kicks.
Stringer nails one every now and then, Goddard one in 4. Daniher is a great field kick, but gets rarely used for that. Maybe Raz? Hurley had, and lost, his great kicking. I’d even say that Merrett regressed this year.
It’s not a skill we seem to be cultivating at the club.

The disposal efficiency stat surely can’t be helping. “A kick of more than 40 metres to a 50/50 contest or better…” counting as an effective disposal glosses over poor decisions and bad kicking. Heppell’s numbers might look ok, even though it shouldn’t have been to a 50/50 contest when he first kicked it.

12.55 in 3 qtr tipifiys Zaka

Rather than go full steam to tackle when ball was near boundary he chooses to run forward to try block the run allowing them to get the easy ball.

THIS is Zaka doesn’t like the contested stuff chooses easy option.

Would be fascinating to see what offers we get at the trade table.

He’s signed until 2021 mate.

1 Like

Sooooooo 3rd rounder?

Hurley, Zaka, Prismall (traded for a third rounder), Michael Still, Tyson Slattery…some pretty gross drafting from 2008.

Wasn’t great but he’s had a good year, I certainly wouldn’t be trading any of our good mids.

What are you on about? Even with all the bitxhibg and moaning about hurls and zaka, they have contributed some great footy for us for a long period of time. I know I gave Hurley a spray last night but to suggest picking him up is gross drafting is… Insane…

3 Likes

Could have been a brilliant draft if Port didn’t pip us to the Hartlett / Trengrove combo.

2 Likes

I don’t think hes soft, he just goes to ground to easily. Which in games like yesterday means he loses the contest.

1 Like

Would take a 3rd rounder and use it on Hind.

For Zaharakis?

You’re mental

6 Likes

We’ll see in 12 months.

If you were to do that draft again the majority of people would pick Hurley 1.

His only competition would be for a super reliable and classy midfielder like Sidebottom at 11.

Or some awesome but otherwise a little injury prone beasts like Sloane and Beams.

But given he’s a CHB Hurls probably gets the nod.

This is a lesson for everyone in how opinions of players can easily go to the extreme because of the echo chamber that is “Zakka and Hurls are not playing as well as I’d like” to…" they are ■■■■ and we should trade them."

The perils of the interwebs. Don’t let the Russians get you…

3 Likes

Conversely someone days Hurley is not playing near the standard he’s set for himself. Then the clap brigade come in and blast you then all of a sudden he’s trade bait.

1 Like

That’s true as well. I agree.

You get thrown in the he is the best ever and you are an apologist.

Or you want to trade him, your a ■■■■, you disrespect our players and know nothing of football.

Exhibit A - Goddard thread.

Silly to suggest trading him, would not get anything like fair value considering his age.

That being said anyone who thinks he is not soft/a squib is dreaming or has not seen him play

Still a handy player when things are working well

1 Like

depends on how you rate him.