#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Rance wanted to be filmed over and over again.

2 Likes

He will reap the rewards of a very good midfield this year. A damaging zaka is very, very good. Hes harshly rated on here. I reckon he will have a great year

4 Likes

puts into perspective how far off the top teams we have been for too long

Having not won a final in his 187-game career, 28-year-old Zaharakis believes the club are well placed to feature in September this time around.

“I’ve been at the club for 11 years now and only played in a couple of finals and haven’t won one, so we’re dying for success.

1 Like

Yeah he’s really underrated. Was having an amazing season last year until he got busted in the Richmond game.

Gee he was very ordinary last night. Few copping grief but he seems to have escaped it

5 Likes

probably, i hardly noticed him

He needs to focus on his attack at the player & ball more…last night although it was his first game like everyone else’s first game for the year he didn’t come with the intensity a leader should come with. His mindset on game-day is unpredictable and needs to be consistently more aggressive.

SOFT ZAKA is no good to the team!!!

4 Likes

Zaharakis has been excellent nearly all the time since Worsfold became coach.
Who gives a ■■■■ if a senior player took it a bit easy in a JLT game

6 Likes

The problem with taking it easy is subconsciously it could filter to the younger players who look up to him as a leader. That’s how bad habits start to form.

Exactly - 110 mins of game time, in a mid field getting smashed. Doing what?

1 Like

I would actually be interested to know what role they have in mind for Zaharakis this year. I don’t recall seeing him at a stoppage last night. Even though he’s not a clearance gun, I think he’s played his best football in recent years when he’s been given some time on ball, rather than on a wing exclusively.

Watching on TV last night it was very hard to tell what his role was

2 Likes

self propelling witches hat.

1 Like

Pretty simple to see the role he plays, Zaka role is to avoid contested situations at all costs.
Weak gutless players like this have changed Essendon to the team we have become over the last 18 years.

2 Likes

1 Like

for someone that calls it as it is, you’re also remarkable at having your head in the sand.

3 Likes

Zaka is 29 years old. He’s hardly going to go full tilt in a practice match. He was great last year before and after his injury and i’m sure he’ll back it up again this year.

3 Likes

Zaha hasn’t ever got out of second gear in a pre season game. It’s not his thing.

I’m pretty sure he has a maximum quota for how many times he puts his body on the line in a season, and doesn’t waste them in pre season.

12 Likes

HFF only and watch him play that position well

Maybe that’s the reason playing finals has not been his thing either.