#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Such a frustrating player. When he plays like that, with energy and passion, you just love him. Great game Zaka.

1 Like

Zaka obviously reads his thread. Good response Zaka.

Message to Woosha . Zaka responds well to tough love Woosh…let a few Fs and Cs go when he is playing crap and he will play accordingly.

This is your floor Zakas. Fucken bring it next week!

You could tell from the outset that he was going to put in a great Zaka performance tonight.

That 50/50 where he flew in the air with Neville Jetta coming the other way and levelled the contest knowing that at best he would bring the ball to ground was the exact intent we need from him every week.

Was really influential tonight.

Hopefully he builds on this.

2 Likes

Most contested possessions on the ground for us. It’s funny I think we all forget that his best position is actually on ball, in tight. It forces him to play hard. He doesn’t play with the same intensity on the wing. This feels like a lesson we’ve learned before.

Another who benefited from the absence of Myers and langford tonight.

10 Likes

Well done Zaka. Keep it up.

1 Like

Constructive criticism at it’s finest.

13 Likes

How long did it take you to do all that?

7 Likes

I thought he was good tonight. But the problem has never been the odd good game from him when we win. This needs to be the standard from zaka if we are to become a really good side.

3 Likes

16 contested possessions and 21 pressure acts. But you know… Play the kids.

5 Likes

Played well tonight, in or best, but why not the previous week?..now if he and a few others can do the same for the next 25 games or so we are a chance.

pathetic efforts like round 1 and 2 will see us bottom 6.

1 Like

Oh, just a quick scroll up a little bit. This thread is full of embarrassing abusive rubbish (as are most). One day, the people who are responsible for this place may wake up and get with the times. They are very quick to jump on anything sexual - but abuse and bullying, no probs for now.

12 Likes

What bullying?

The whole farking team played horrible the last 2 games (4 games).
Think before you type ffs.

3 Likes

We should get a game like that 4 weeks out of 5. But we get the opposite from him, that’s where the frustration/anger comes from.

Zaka tried pretty hard last week IMO. The abuse was just reflex whipping boy stuff.

4 Likes

If you cast your mind back to last year he was playing good 4 weeks out of 5. Had 2 bad games at the start of this season along with the rest of the team and people wanted him dropped? He wont perform this well all the time but his average output is better that “the kids”.

Hey I’m allowed an opinion, an my opinion of David in round 1 and round 2 was that he was not just ordinary but also not putting in.

Tonight he played very well, went in hard, tackled, chased and got a lot of ball, he earned his money, well done David keep up the good work mate.

Like most supporters that spend $$$ on my footy club I expect at least 100% effort!!!

1 Like

Of course you are allowed your opinion. And when you use abusive terms, I’ll call it out. Couldn’t give a fark what you nuffies think about that. You give it, you get it. Players are people like us with feelings and family. They don’t deserve abuse. Just because it’s online and you’re not looking them in the eye, doesn’t mean it’s not abuse.

14 Likes

Yeah, he did start well then did his shoulder against Richmond.

1 Like