#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Agree he played a little safe after that crunch but was still very good.

I’ll call it every time he doesn’t have a go now. I’ll make a point of it. Cheers

Tu our outside mids look bad when your not winning the footy and sensational when you do. Zaka looked good tonight.

Zaha’s bad games always seem to get extrapolated into “He’s been sh*t for years,” and his patches of good form get boiled down to “He once kicked an arsey goal on Anzac Day.”

Deckham is right. The abuse thrown at Zaha last week in this thread was farkin disgraceful. Not the criticism of his game; that’s fine (and was warranted.) But the keyboard warrior personal abuse, was just pathetic.

12 Likes

Credit where credit is due.
David played the type of footy he’s capable of tonight and it’s purely because he gave 100%.
He hunted the footy tonight and laid some cracking tackles.
If he put in even 80% of what he did tonight every week I’d be pretty happy.
Very well played Zaka.

1 Like

When I’m in the drive thru next time I want my nuggets out immediately. Nothing but 100% effort from you champ. I paid my $$$

3 Likes

I have ripped into him probably more than anyone on this forum. I thought he was fantastic tonight

Saw him actually be physical and get stuck into his tagged

He was guy running to provide an option for the defenders to kick to in the last qtr when everyone else had stopped

He ran guys down with tackles

There was a moment in the 2nd qtr, where there was a ball in the air, not only did he spoil but he took the body and absolutely smashed the Melbourne player in the collision.

He did a lot of 1%s tonight
Just great stuff all night

Well played zaka, well played

5 Likes

It’s a honour just to be nominated

For the record I did still go to the game tonight

1 Like

Is this next week’s banner?

I haven’t.

Zakka the winger is a myth. Has been for near on 10 years.

1 Like

He stood up tonight and I will happily raise my hand and say I was way too critical of him the first two weeks.

I think some of what he copped on here was justified, because when he’s soft, boy is he soft. But he shut me up tonight, and a few others. Well done zaka.

6 Likes

Thanks robbo I’ll have watch it. Was there, seemed to be outside a lot where he can excel with his finishing. Saw a couple of times he could have poleaxed players but didn’t. It’s not '65 Bluey!
A great game though

To think some happy clappers wanted him dropped before Langford… made my day

It takes a good man to admit he was wrong.

Maybe there is hope for you yet.

Thank you brave sir for patrolling the internet and also for not having any double standards.

3 Likes

You get that you ■■■■■■■ nuffies!

Happy to keep him on the list.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, he wasn’t just bad he was atrocious in those first two games. I have zero doubt he copped it this week from the coaches and responded accordingly.

His best is what we want to see but he doesn’t delivery every game, in fact he often doesn’t deliver it for a few games in a row then pulls out a snorter like tonight. After all this time at senior level he should be far more consistent in how he plays. I don’t mean he should be brilliant every game, but the effort and attack should be the same every game, we know he has it in him and he needs to delivery more often than he does.

1 Like

Spot on. People seem to be forgetting that it wasnt just the two losses to start the season, it was the manner in which we lost them. We were absolutely putrid

1 Like

Spot on. senior players can’t play well 1 in every 3 games.