#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Yeah i’m probably misinterpreting what you mean by “a spray” a little. I still expect that employees do 100% what is required of them. And if they don’t then their job is at risk. I’d just pull them aside and tell them in calm way. I’ve had to fire people before. I’ve just never in over 10 years had to raise my voice or intimidate anybody.

I’m guessing he’ll back it up. He looked like he enjoyed that win more than anybody.

I wasn’t meaning it was, just as an example of the distinction between abuse and a spray from a coach.

I certainly hope so. The effort he put in should be the standard each week

Will he back it up, who the hell knows

2 Likes

That’s the million dollar question. He was good from the Geelong game in 2017 until late in the season (poor first 5 rounds).
Last year had a good start then got injured
2016 he was tagged out of alot of games in the middle of the year.

1 Like

Aceman. I like your football opinions better than your business opinions. You know football good.

Stick to the football bit.

1 Like

Zaka was on SEN this afternoon.

Very good interview.

He’s very open and honest and doesn’t mind having a laugh.

2 Likes

Did he say anything particularly insightful?

Bring in Draper

2 Likes

that’s a given

2 Likes

I’m thinking he would make a decent footy personality post playing career. Has what it takes.

2 Likes

Did he expand further on the reasons behind the change within the team when they played the Dees?

1 Like

He spoke about how the round 1 loss was a result of a lack of intensity and effort from the squad.

KB asked if Ruttens gameplan was having any negative effects and he basically said that there are always adjustments even throughout the year so it’s not something the club are using as a reason of an excuse.

He said that their bread and butter is to pressure the opposition and they didn’t bring it in round 1.

They were far happier with the effort against saints but their disposal let them down.

KB also asked him about Wooshas lack of using a tagged. He basically said they do jobs on opposition players around stoppages but they back in team defence in generral.

kB cheekily asked him if he would prefer to play sides who tag or sides that have team defence. Zaka said he prefers playing against team defence.

There was more but they stood out. He’s a good operator and wouldn’t be surprised if he goes into media.

8 Likes

I think so too. Although i got yelled at on here when i said his interview after round one was good haha. You have better timing than me.

Media jobs are hard to come by if you don’t have a swag of medals around your neck or multiple AAs, David would want to start cranking out Premierships.

He’s very good.

Doesn’t have the media polish that some of the others have.

Bit more free flowing and honest.

1 Like

I think his looks might open a few doors.

Plus the fact that he’s from Essendon helps due the audience being big already.

Yep. Similar to Dev Smith.

1 Like

Hate to say it, but bit of a Brad Johnson type, media-wise.

Please be wrong.

Johnson is an enormous flog. He is Cameron Ling levels of flog.

4 Likes