#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

If your infection is so bad you have to go to hospital, I wouldnt be saying hes fine.

3 Likes

Most effective way for antibiotics/fluid to be administered as far as IV concerned.

And also if they needing to drain any swelling also best place for it.

Far from ideal all the same but if it was to get him back & ok quickly hospital it is.

Surely he could just go to the medical centre just over the road from Windy Hill the Drug Dungeon?

5 Likes

Was he at the hospital for Good Friday stuff or for his knee?

1 Like

Described on the radio as a serious leg infection whatever that means???

1 Like

Keep him for ANZAc day. Play Guelf or Langers this week.

This is the guy who’s afraid of needles.

2 Likes

Professional athletes are treated little differently though. For something that a normal human would just splash a bit of Betadine on, a pro athlete would be sent to the hospital for better/more efficient treatment. Doesn’t mean his leg is falling off.

1 Like

If only we had a resident expert on such things

11 Likes

Paging Heather

1 Like

I get that you would be super conservative with an athletes and overcare.

But on the flip side if a normal person is just having betadine and antibiotics they are probably not running a half marathon 2 days later

1 Like

Where’s Sarah when you need her?

"Feb 7, 2019 - Australian Football League Corporate Affairs GM Sarah LUKIN decided to step away for personal reasons, but “will remain as an adviser”

Yeah you’re right, antibiotics make me feel like ■■■■. Hopefully he plays. Underrated part of our game plan.

Have you ever had to face a gangrenous fireball, with only a little bit of Betadine?

5 Likes

That’s why it’s taking so long. The Docs can only use Leeches, pills, and topical creams to treat it. :smirk:

4 Likes

Not really.
They often end up going to weird little private imaging clinics & hospitals, because they have shorter queues. And the clubs pay to scan every single little thing.
But that’s about it.

There’s no magic footballer hospital.

(Source: work in weird little private hospitals)

1 Like

Now I’m imagining @Henry_s_Angry_Pills and @wimmera1 working at the same hospital, sitting 20 metres away furiously arguing on blitz without realising.

5 Likes

Wim works at proper (public) hospitals.

Oh, so easy access to those angry pills then?

1 Like