#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Hahaha, magic footballer hospital.

What i meant was they are more likely to get minor things check than regular folk. So him going to get a cut looked at doesn’t make me think he’s dying.

Ortho - bones & muscles - yes.
Hence 1000000 players diagnosed for hotspots & early stages of bone bruising.

Infected cut, or anything else medical, would probably be the same as you or I. Not necessarily going to die, but you want to get onto that ■■■■ cos they can get pretty bad, pretty quickly.

He just walked 2 laps of the oval at training today and didn’t participate in anything else. The cut knee was still bandaged up.

1 Like

I don’t know how bad or otherwise Zaka’s knee is. However I will just make the smartarse comment that he is one player that does not play well when hurt.

He has been playing so very well. However in my opinion, I’d leave him out if the club doesn’t think he has full confidence in the knee.

I’m not comfootable with him playing toemorrow and I’m sure he kneeds a legthy time to heel.

3 Likes

fixed

1 Like

If Smith and Zaharakis both miss this game it’ll be very interesting which players they bring in, considering we have Mutch injured and a few others still returning from injury.

Surely Langers gets a recall in place of Zaharakis. Might Ham be a sneaky chance of a debut, with Parish being pushed into Smiths role in the guts?

I wouldn’t play him either but he was pretty handy six weeks after having his clavicle detached from his sternum.

I’d have no qualms about debuting Ham. I think he will impress a lot of people once he gets a run.

2 Likes

He will be right to play

BAD ENOUGH INFECTION TO GO TO HOSPITAL.

Available for Anzac Day

Experienced on-baller David Zaharakis is expected to be cleared to return for Essendon’s highly anticipated Anzac Day clash with Collingwood at the MCG on Thursday.

The 29-year-old was a late withdrawal from the Bombers’ 58-point thumping of North Melbourne last week after failing to recover from an infected cut to his knee suffered in the side’s round four defeat of Brisbane.

While his selection isn’t guaranteed, club physical performance manager Justin Crow said all signs are positive heading into the annual blockbuster.

“As we know, David Zaharakis had the laceration in his knee, which is healing well but it’s a deep cut, so that ruled him out of last weekend,” Crow said on the SKINS Injury Update.

“He trained yesterday and trained well with the main group. He’s made a lot of progress since the weekend and we’re expecting him to be available for the game.”

Phew, now I have someone to blame for our 37 point anzac day loss on Thursday, irrespective of his 33 possession and 7 tackles that he will collect. The Worsfold thread is getting off topic.

3 Likes

Myers will have to take some of the blame.

He copped enough blame in round 2. Zaka is up next.

1 Like

How come this guy is literally no where around when the game gets tough?

1 Like

Hopefully zaka comes back into the side this week

1 Like

Ham would have been tastier.

If he isn’t fit don’t play him

1 Like

Because he is a fromt runner like few others i’ve seen