#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

It’s a very strange phenomena social media. Having grown up with it it’s basically like asking for validation constantly from mostly strangers and trying to project an image of yourself, especially Instagram. If you don’t have facebook people look at you weird. It can be very addictive and time consuming and studies actually show that facebook actually causes depression due to people having bad times in their lives and then logging in to see everyone else so happy and having perfect lives. It’s something the modern era is ripe with and it’d be almost impossible not to get involved when you’re semi famous. Would also be hard when you’re not used to criticism outside of the constructive words your coaches might have. Twitter would be a cesspool and I certainly hope Zaka stays away.

4 Likes

Did you see Zacka being interviewed on Game Day this week Zacka being interviewed with Zac Toohey. Zacka said he stayed away from Social Media now and suggested others do the same especially, if the person is inclined to take what is written to heart and the posts being highly critical of players.

Suggested that probably the reason so many players have mental health issues today could have something to do with social media and the constant negative criticism. Good advice.

3 Likes

If I was about to go play a game of footy, I’d want David Myers lining up next to me 100 times more than this bloke. His highlight reel of putting a soft hand into a contest when his body needed to be there is going to be twice as long as his actual fkn highlights.

Cracking 1 tackle today to go with his six kicks.

7 Likes

Agree.
Another weak footballer in red and black.

1 Like

Nice bloke though.

Just a typical zaka game today. Pressure was on and was nowhere to be seen.

Had to stand under a high ball with Stanley running in. Stanley marks it almost uncontested

Once again he stands up for a couple of games then goes back missing

1 Like

Would trade for a 3rd rounder

Can’t wait for us to beat a spud team with Zaka being BOG and then proclaim that they now understand the hardwork required to be a good side.

5 Likes

Colyer would offer more…makes him worth less than a 4th rounder

Still has two more years, bahahahahaha.

1 Like

Typifies all that has been wrong with Essendon on field for the past 15 yea4s

2 Likes

And after todays game you’ll need to stay away from social media a bit longer Zaka.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Is it mean to call him a front runner? If so I’ll withhold comment.

3 Likes

Like clockwork…

1 Like

There wouldn’t be too many Essendon players with >190 games that have never won a final.

There’s a reason this guys never a walk up start to be a leader being he’s our most “experienced”. He’s so incredibly soft. Nice guy, has been a good servant of the club but needs to be put head first into the cannon.

Poor old Brent Staton copped such a hard time from supporters but was 50 times the player this guy is.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

:wilted_flower:

1 Like

:potato:

I’m done with him. I’m generally a glass half full supporter but for his experience and fitness he gives us bugger all when we actually need it