#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

If ‘I can’t believe it’s not butter’ ever relaunched in Australia, Zaharakis should be the face of it.

Anyone got a list of Essendon 200 Game Players?

Zaka is on track to join that club this year.
There couldn’t be many all that worse could there?

Yeah, yeah, he scrounged a B’n’F one year but in totality he has just never got out of first gear and remains an average player. Has talent but has never cared enough to play a committed or selfless style of footy for anything more than fleeting moments.

2 Likes

Have not watched the game yet. But once I get a download and watch it, I will avail you of my wiseness !

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to hearing your wisdom. 'Cos mine is flummoxed after tonight.

Been in Spain for past two games, paid $50 for WatchAFL and I want a refund

4 Likes

What exactly is the position he was playing?

He wasn’t around the ball at any stoppages. It’s almost as if he sat around half back, then stood inside the centre square, waiting for us to walk the ball through the corridor.

Unsighted & ineffective. A player that’s suppose to be an important part of our midfield who has been unsighted for 3 weeks. If his name was Jordan Ridley or Kyle Langford, he would have been dropped 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Don’t worry. He will come good. Just next year. He had his one good game for the year. That buys u a whole season to be a useless soft mid. He knows he won’t get dropped

1 Like

I actually like zaka. When he’s good he’s good. When we lose he’s nowhere. Actually, there’s a lot of guys like that

1 Like

Yep

Seemed to be at half back, pushed up to wing/mid later.

Not sure what people are criticising exactly. I can’t remember a mistake, bad miss or missed tackle from him, and he was good with his disposal.
Not his fault his two lace out passes to forwards lead to Stringer dropping a soda, and Clarke missing from 30 out.

12 kicks 7 handballs.
7 inside 50s (tied highest in the match).
3 turnovers.
432 metres gained (4th highest for the match)

On a night where Heppell, Shiel, Smith, Guelfi and Myers all butchered the ball - Zaha is the one copping the heat?

2 Likes

Sorry but have you actually glanced at Blitz? How is he the only person copping heat? Get your hand off it.

3 Likes

Yeah you’re right.

Blitz is hanging it on Zac Clarke, Zaha and myers.
Cos they’re the only 3 guys who played poorly.

Had 15 disposals halfway through the last quarter. He’s not a 20 years old. The bloke has played nearly 200 games of football and hasn’t improved in 6-7 years.

4 Likes

14 of our players had 15 touches or less for the whole game. Is that the issue?

How many of them have played over 150 games of football?

Maybe because they’re the most experienced players and therefore playing like crap isn’t as widely accepted?

And please, Worsfold, Parish, Heppell, Francis, Hurley, Tippa etc are all copping it so save your poor “there was worse than Zaka” sob stories. He’s a senior leader of our midfield and you have people defending those kind of performances with a straight face.

4 Likes

Hurley’s copping it?

If that’s seriously the case, then that proves my point better than anything else could.

Better to be young than good.

1 Like

Don’t play stupid. You know good and well that Zaka and Myers are not the only two copping it, especially seeing as you posted in some of the other threads yourself defending those other players. People are in the Zaka thread hence discussing him, if you want to spread your sob stories and making excuses for other players than feel free to expand out to those threads.

With youth comes a bit of leeway, which I’m sure to 99% of sane logical people is not a bombshell. I’m sure Collingwood don’t hold the same expectations for a first gamer as they do Beams. If you’re an experienced player than you have certain expectations on you. Give me someone that’s young and not good than someone that’s old and not good any day.

2 Likes

Myers was dogshit, haven’t defended him this week.
Zaha was reasonably good.
Hurley was very good.

Anyone bagging Zaha’s game this week is odd, bagging Hurley’s game this week is crazy.

1 Like