#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Nah he just gets a permanent place in the side and a contract extension and have people defend average performances until he turns 35 until which point those people might realise that maybe he’s not the answer.

5 Likes

Yeah.

That’s probably it.

They’re wrong.

I think Zaharakis has been in the leadership group at different times and is nearly a 200 game player for the club. I don’t think it’s out of the realm to consider him a ‘leader’ of the club.

And if you can’t see how bad he was last night, and how he went missing again in a critical game, then I don’t think there is any point discussing it. He was terrible.

2 Likes

So taking aside all the sarcasm. Not sacking a coach when he is clearly not delivering. In your opinion do you think that is rewarding mediocrity.yes or no?

No?

Not hitting your dog does not mean you’re “rewarding” it. It just means you’re not actively punishing it.

From what i can tell, 2012-13 & 2015-16

In a way, yes. But surely you look for leadership out of your captain (who was poor), then the rest of the leaders (who were also all poor), then guys like Zaha/Hurley/Hooker as experienced guys who have been leadership group in the past ( who were all good)

100% disagree.
He was solid to good.

Ok, would you let him coach the club next season?

What gives you confidence that he is the man for the job?

What gives you confidence that we are on the right path as a club?

How many mistakes must he make before being punished?
If someone was that incompetent in the real world I’d doubt they would hold a job for long

2 Likes

HAP would argue that the earth is flat to his own son for 100 years if it meant he wasn’t wrong.

6 Likes

HAP jnr: your a poo head
HAP: no im not
HAP jnr: yes you are
HAP:

1 Like

Starting to agree with the total clearout of the coaches.

Purely from a cultural stand point there doesn’t appear to be one coach, or leader, capable of, or willing to demand anything from the playing group. Last year, their performance on increased when pressure was heaped on them from outside the club.

The way Woosh talks about the playing group and its performance is the way you would expect a coach of a rebuilding, bottom of the table side to be speaking. And yet they’ve been talking themselves up as top 4 contenders and they’ve been picking the team like it’s already established a pattern of success.

It’s like he is still in post-saga steady the ship mode which is incredibly disheartening for supporters and probably for all the recent acquisitions who were lured by the teams “premiership potential”.

Heppell, Hooker, Hurley, Zaharakis, Myers, Bellchambers are all supposed to be leaders of this club. The label of being in the ‘leadership group’ is nonsense, they are all experienced players. They should all be judged harsher than the kids in the team.

Lol, he really wasn’t. If you truly believe that, then you don’t understand the game. Or you are upset about the loss and arguing moot points is how you let off some steam.

3 Likes

We should be 5-3 or 4-4, instead we’re 3-5.

But I don’t think he’s been anywhere near bad enough for an early May sacking. It’s a long season.

Ok, so can you please answer my other 2 questions?

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
Fact is we are 3-5 and couldn’t beat a bunch of scrubbers who are 1 from 10 at their own ground recently. The club is that far from finals it isn’t funny and is zero hope. The time for change is now.
Replace the coach and coaching staff and try out some of these blokes in the VFL.

3 Likes

Ahhhh I love the happy clappers, it must be a blissful feeling to have your head buried so far up your own ■■■■ that you can justify what this team is producing and what they’ve produced over the last 15 years

1 Like

They’re all kinda the same answer.
Things were looking decent to good a fortnight ago, and looking poor now. On every front - young guys, old guys, depth, injuries.

But we could win our next 10 or lose our next 10, so why bother getting excited in making the decision now?

What you mean is you lot find it emotionally easier to deal with, throwing the towel in now.

There’s 14 games left in the (real, actual) season. Plenty of time left.

1 Like

Come on, we all know how this plays out.
The players have thrown in the towel so the supporters may aswell