#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Nah.

That’s you, projecting.

Ok, guess we will find out who’s right.

Woosha takes a lot of heat when things don’t go right, he is the coach after all. But did anybody give him credit when we were playing really good football for the back half of last season? Serious question, i wasn’t on the forum then.

Nothing changed.

The gloomers gloomed.

The clappers clapped.

People don’t let pesky facts affect their outlooks!

At least Blitz is consistent. Maybe the club could learn from us after all.

There anyone else who actually thinks zaka was good last night?

Lol, he was terrible

2 Likes

So you do think he is the right man for us going forward and you would have him continue to be coach next year

And what facts are these that we are missing?

1 Like

I was a clapper last year based on how we finished off the year. Ultimately I was disappointed though on missing finals so I came into this season waiting to see if we had made any inroads on player culture.

The loss to Carlton in the JLT confirmed to me that nothing had changed and then the GWS loss franked my initial thoughts.

I’m not a big fan of changing coaches again but it’s obvious Woosha is not getting enough out of this squad. We won’t be playing finals this year and that’s not acceptable.

2 Likes

What do you think turned it around last season?

Who do you think got us into that mess in the first place last season? If you give him credit for the turn around he has to also take the blame for the terrible start

It was a serious question. I’m not arguing. Answer it if you want?

There was an obvious change in player engagement in the defensive side of the game and applying pressure. I had not seen that for way more than a decade.

Unfortunately we still pick and choose when we apply ourselves.

I don’t think it’s all on the coaches though. The leadership group are guilty of inconsistency and I’m not at all a fan of our clubs corporate identity.

I look at somebody like Kennett or Eddie and see football fans first and Presidents second. We need a total clean out from the top down.

2 Likes

I think after neeld got the sack worsfold became a lot more involved. We played a few more youngster which invigorated the team

I think worsfold turned it around last year. I also believe he got us into the mess in the first place

I actually think it’s more the players than the coaches. We could talk all day about how they"re “not playing for him” but the bottom line is that they should still want to win games of football, and they’re definitely capable. Maybe you’re right about the leadership. Hard for me to say that because i’ve always been on team Dyson.

edit* although our forward coach needs a kick up the ■■■.

I agree I think it’s the players but when there is little accountability for their actions then the coaches and the leadership group have to be held accountable for that.

Some players get a free pass each week while others are made scapegoats.

I know it doesn’t bother you when Woosha uses terms like “managed” but for me it shows a distinct bias.

Clarkson doesn’t mind saying that a triple premiership playing captain may never play a game again for the club but we pick and choose our messages.

There is a difference when the players are managed. Roughead was actually dropped to the VFL. Baguley was really rested. And so was Myers. And Daniher. Older players get managed all the time.

Myers in particular has been trash all year and should be omitted. That aside why not just say omitted or injured and leave it at that.

All teams say when they manage players. I think it’s so people know not to expect them in the VFL.

I guess because we never drop any experienced players I never see it.