#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

That’s a pretty unrealistic expectation, or suggestion.
There is very little a supporter can do to make material change to how a club performs. Calling to not attend games will make zero difference. The most you can do, is affect the who gets elected to a few selected board positions. Or get on the board yourself.

1 Like

And i actually still enjoy supporting the team through rough patches. I don’t want to be like a Melbourne supporter who just tunes out and goes skiing when the season doesn’t work out. Unfortunately, even when the boys are playing like ■■■■, watching them is still one of the highlights of my week.

3 Likes

Each to their own. I’m in the ‘moderate’ category, I guess. I’ll always support the team, and never make it personal about the players or staff. On the other hand, like many supporters of all teams, I’ve been disappointed over performances many times in the past, but rarely have I been as disappointed as last night. The last time I was that upset was also against Sydney. But this disappointed - can’t remember when.

1 Like

I’m 100% disappointed too. That was pathetic. I’m so ■■■■■■ angry. But i’ll still look forward to watching every game for the rest of the season.

1 Like

Straight faces be damned you obviously didn’t see some of our players laughing and smiling two of them in particular who ought to have a damn good think about what’s important. They are paid a lot of money to perform and half of the team did not do that in a satisfactory manner.

1 Like

Watched first quarter and Zaka has had a few kicks and gone in hard. No squibs yet.

Didn’t squib any. Was far from our worst but seems to have lost a little oomph from his kicking

In starting to think changing Woosha would be a knee jerk move. Whilst he is poor game day he appears to be good with the players. What we do need is a complete clean out of the assistants apart from Rutten.

I would love to know if this is how they train. Bombing long into 50. Sometimes I’m there thinking that our kicks just don’t have any advantage. Like kicking it to space to lead into to an not to high or to short or players running into holes clogging up leads. Zaka especially an quite a few others. Even Shiels kicks into 50 are just horrible. Merrit McKenna redmen Fanta tippa when he’s actually getting it, an Saad our really our most reliable kickers. Now an again we play a great game we all start to get hope. Then we butcher the ball into the forwards all day long. I can’t ever go watch training to see if the are playing the way they train. Woosha can’t take the blame for ■■■■ skills on game day but definitely has to take the heat if bombing it in hope with floaters is fine by him at training. I’m not sure what to think of woosha but I get sick of inconsistent footballers like zaka who I think is pretty average.

2 Likes

Zaka isn’t an average footballer, just an inconsistent one. We need 15+ good games from him per year rather than the 8-10 we get from him.
Just seems he picks and chooses games to lift for which simply can’t happen

1 Like

I now have watched the whole game, just for you.

I did not find the parts where Zaka “squibed” the contest. He had an average game and was better than many others.

I don’t get your hate for him; he plays his role and will never be an inside bull mid-fielder. he has always been an outside runner and played like that in this game.

I did watched carefully and he was hard in contests. Maybe he should go in more but never been his job. So move on and pick on the Umpires or the Coach.

2 Likes

How was Zaha good?
Largely unsighted and almost completely ineffectual

1 Like

Pretty much. He has all the tools to be a very good football player. The only thing missing is the mentality

1 Like

Parish is also usually pretty good entering F50 too.

1 Like

Well, that’s one of the main tools, isn’t it?

Yeah. If he hasn’t developed it by now , odds are he never will.

I think he is more at the mercy of the inside mids for a bunch of games. It’s hard as an outside mid when the ball is not being dished out. If he was a bit better on the inside his consistency would improve.

Zaka is a good player. Make no mistake. I reckon his best, rivals any mid in the game in what individual games produce. God damn he can be very, very effective

I have no idea why he is inconsistent

Wot ???

Are you sober today and now he is a good player ? I cannot understand how a “squib” as you have labelled him, can be a good player.

Nah, he definitely squibs it on occasions. Thats not a last night thing. He’s got a history of shirking contests. If you don’t believe me, just ask the majority who see it too. I have no idea why one week he can be soft, then the next be the opposite

What he does is normally pretty good. Its the things he doesnt do, which are really noticable. If he cut that out, i reckon no one would have a problem with him. Id expect a player who has has had zero success in his 11 year career, to go a little harder.

2 Likes