#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

His kicking was the most pleasing thing from Saturday night.

1 Like

He’s really more of a gyro-scope than a barometer.

And this is the issue!!! Too many Barometers not enough Thermometers!!!

If a player’s game relies on another link to be effective, it doesn’t make them a ‘barometer’. It makes them a middle link in a chain.

Need more goniometers.

1 Like

Or maybe it makes him a very good barometer. If our inside guys are getting it to our outside guys is that not a way of measuring how we are going??(a barometer measures an atmospheric parameter, it doesn’t cause change to that parameter)

He was good on the weekend, a badly needed return to form.

Not necessarily because winning inside doesn’t necessarily mean winning the game. It is the first link, but to state the obvious… scoring more than your opponent is the only one that counts. You can do without all the links, providing you score more than your opponent. Theoretically. Zaka is usually the 2nd or 3rd possessor, depending on how direct we’re going. He can have a ■■■■ game influenced by those before him, in front of him, or just because he played ■■■■. There are no ‘barometers’. It’s a team.

He is a frontrunner. He is a receiver. He is not a leader.

Another game when we needed to call upon his 200 games of experience, and once again he was missing for most of it.

Just farking trade.

3 Likes

For what? A bag of chips? Ok fine done. But they had better be salt and vinegar.

Honestly take away Anzac Day 2009 and what are you left with? A silkier, flashier, but less skilful or consistent Stanton?

I know he is a Blitz whipping boy, but I thought he was extremely poor tonight, especially when it mattered the most. It wasn’t until late in the 3rd quarter that he picked up his first touch for that quarter - a quarter where we needed our senior players to stand up. I remember checking his stats and until that point he had touched the pill 7 times. Padded his numbers with a decent last quarter, but he has a habit of doing this. Wasn’t our worst, but gave us nothing tonight. Very lacklustre game.

1 Like

a best 22 spot.

1 Like

squibbiest squib that ever squibbed

I don’t need to say anymore than what’s already been said about our “senior” midfielder. Until we move past him this club will be stuck in the doldrums with a mixed bag of a little bit of good, a little bit of bag, and a whole lotta mediocre.

4 Likes

You realise the senior midfielder you’re bagging for not doing much in the midfield only played in the midfield late in the game?

1 Like

As far as i could tell he only played at all late in the game and hindered more than helped

1 Like

Which is rediculous, he is one of our better running mids, he plays well there, yet we are stifling his influence on games by playing him out of position.

The playing guys out of position is a massive flaw in the current coaching group.

3 Likes

You realise I’m not just referring to this specific game and the entire season?

1 Like

He’s a good outside player.

Not really the type of player that will take the club forward though.

He’s signed til 2021 yet wouldn’t get a game at Carlton, St Kilda nor the Gold Coast.
He’s a nothing player as he has no weapons. No pace, isn’t a great kick, can’t lay a tackle and can’t take a contested mark.
We’re going no where positive with him on our list. Imagine playing that many years for no finals win!!

2 Likes