#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Yeah he’s ■■■■

1 Like

Would love to see someone like Snelling or Mynott get a game over him. I know we love our run and gun game that Zaka represents but it was refreshing seeing us win with some toughness today, maybe we should focus on on that kind of style.

2 Likes

Does Zaka really represent our run and gun game? He’s not exactly the fastest these days.

I want him back on a HFF where he started his career

2 Likes

Not sure if I’m imagining it but looks like he’s dropped a little bit of weight as well?

Farking nonsense

To me it represents that loose ball run and carry game that we love. I don’t think a spell in the seconds would hurt, Myers has been excellent since going back. Either way I doubt he’ll be dropped.

1 Like

There a game he’s pulled out of more contests?

2 Likes

Sublime.

Represents 1 way running for mine.

1 Like

I didnt see todays game so won’t comment on it but what I will say is Zaka has always had a major tendency to squib a hard contest so reading comments that he played that way today does not surprise me at all

1 Like

He was garbage. Probably played 3 good games the whole season.

1 Like

I can’t recall him being dropped but a game or two in the VFL - in the thick of things not seagulling - might do him the world of good.

1 Like

try and think of a single contested mark zaharakis has taken in his entire career

Not every player has to be a hardnut. On the last 4 games he’s been leading our metres gained

4 Likes

There is a difference between not being a “hardman” and properly squibbing it

Imo every player has to go when its his turn

1 Like

Even by his standards he was very soft today.

3 Likes

Play ham or mynott. Can be such a damaging player. But is so ■■■■■■ soft.

Frustrating part is he will tear it up in the 2nds come back, play a few really good games, then fade back to what he is now. Coaches need to stop gifting him games.

1 Like

Agree i’d like to see a young role player come in for zaka. We have enough talent we need a few more defensive workers in the team.

Not a great game by Zaka today and that kick that he had smothered off him on the hbf in the 3rd qtr when we had the whole outer wing open was infuriating. Problem was you could see it happening before he even attempted to kick it. I think that Curnow ended up scoring a goal from his turnover too.

1 Like

I don’t think his overall game today was as poor as most are saying but he definitely had a few shocking moments and is so frustrating because he picks and chooses when to play. He has the tools to really tear up a game regularly but unfortunately we see more off days than on days lately

4 Likes