#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Yes it’s been literally 2 weeks since he played midfield.
Cooked.

I think a preseason purely as a fwd would be just as influential as tradebait. Can’t see him playing half back long term but yeah I think it would be better playing the younger folk and others on the wing.

1 Like

Ive never been his biggest fan, but i thought he worked quite well down back.

Struggling to see where I said he’s cooked - if you read the post clearly mentioned he has good footy left but would be a win win trade

Called exaggeration - but he gets used in midfield every 2nd or 3rd week, to good effect. I just don’t see under what measure he’s been pushed out.

Not against the idea, Any club that his a surplus of inside mids, that need a bit of polish and pace on the outside, with similar years left in em?

It’ll be interesting to see where he is played this week

He is still a liability defensively and WCs forwards will want to isolate him, should he play in the backline again this week.

I’d be prepared to say he’d do the Hooker and refuse to open the door. Will not be traded.

2 Likes

Well I have been wondering who the next whipping boy would be, as the others are doing well.

The experiment down back needs to end.

2 Likes

really? Strange comment for this game when he has been okay.

9 Likes

Zaka was played as a defensive winger for the majority of tonight. From the onset he would play loose on his man on the wing and immediately run defensive side of the contest after the centre bounce. Had the eagles have been pressured enough when clearing from the centre this may have become a handy play to pick up those scrap kicks forward but as it was, they almost walked the ball out of the middle, over his head or cleanly into the hands of a leading forward.

I for one probably appreciate the idea behind this move by the coaches. If Zaka plays loose and isn’t particularly damaging by foot then why play him in the midfield at the expense of another potenially more damaging mid. I’d rather have him at least playing loose and aiding the defensive 50.

I might add I do not like the opponents taking advantage of this by means of manning him and then isolating him 1v1 in a marking dual. He’s a man without a position at the moment, can’t see where he fits.

2 Likes

How about the seconds???

Zacca only seems to shine when the rest of the team do, we are NOT shining. How long before we start getting games into any talented youngsters who are going to be part of our future? Game 14. I cannot see us winning the next six games. Anyone who can is not Nostradamus, they are having a psychotic break.

I actually thought Zaharakis was one of about four that was ok on the night.

Certainly wasn’t as bad as being painted in here.

10 Likes

He was far more secure than most of the other senior players, perhaps playing near Hurley may have made him look better than he was though.

1 Like

I called out Hurley in the Hawks votes as playing mostly as a unaccountable, backdoor stats getting, glacial bad decision maker selfish player. My mind has not changed.

Could not believe the people who had him top 3 last week. Have never rated him as elite…he is just a plodder

What???

He is atrocious when going inside 50. His kicks to a contest just sit up on top of the contest, can never put it to the advantage side.

That being said, I actually came in here to say that he’s been pretty good off a HBF.

1 Like

That chase down on Liam Ryan though, didn’t know he had it in him

4 Likes

That was smart. Shows it’s not all about pace. Pushed him wide and closed the space with the help of the boundary line. Did it well.

1 Like

i thought he’s played well the last two weeks, especially considering he’s playing in a position that’s somewhat foreign to him.

1 Like