#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

He spoke well.

But all this talk from players and people from within the club about the forward line being the issue for us not scoring and therefore not winning doesn’t sit that well with me.

It wasn’t the forward line’s fault that we couldn’t get it out of defensive 50 against West Coast for a whole quarter.

The issue is our players don’t work hard enough and our lack of a system kills us against the better teams – the good teams shut down our half back dash and we simply have no plan B.

Michael Still RIP in peace

Maybe we can put aside our milestone yips and give Zaharakis a win for his.
Kid plays 200 games for the clubs he barracks for, with some wonderful highlights. Well done to him.

7 Likes

Both his 50th and 100th were victories.
His 150th was a loss to FarkCarlton

So the milestone odds would be in favour of a win.

or we balance the ledger with a loss

what? I was just sayin.

Or go for the anomaly with a draw.

Come to think of it a draw against GWS would really see Blitz lose it’s collective marbles.
Tempting to abandon the Lid Off position just for the fireworks

Better late than never approach?

Rest in peace in peace?

2 Likes

Zaha is a club record holder. Has played the most games by any Essendon player in club history without being in a winning finals side.

1 Like

New to Blitz I see

3 Likes

Sums up his career and modern-day Essendon.

2 Likes

This is awesome by Hurls. Reminds you a little bit that they’re actually human.

11 Likes

Jobe said his career highlights were his first game and winning the 2004 EF in his first year

Well done to Zacka! Has always been one of my favourites.
Cops a lot of flak (unfairly imo) for his natural game on here. Hopefully has a ripper of a Milestone game.

5 Likes

No, Just never got the joke and it annoys me reading

Congratulations on making it to 200 games David.

It’s pretty special.

2 Likes

It is.

But all I kept thinking was,“Oh no, … milestone millstone game” … :frowning_face:

Well done Zaka. Cops to much flack on here. Solid for pretty much all of his career. He is an outside player just needs people to understand that…even after 200 games

4 Likes

I agree he’s more outside than inside but it’s not as much as some think. Despite hardly attending centre bounces, his tackle count average (3.2) is the same or better than parish, Heppell, Langford, mcGrath, and two guys also not playing mid but playing similar roles at times in guelfi and Ridley. In fact the only mids who out tackle him are Shiel and Merrett. His contested possession average (7.8) this year naturally trail Heppell, Merrett and Shiel, marginally down from parish (8.8), but equal or better than guys playing more in the contest in Langford. McGrath, and ahead of positional peers guelfi and Ridley. For all the uninformed scorn he gets here his inside type numbers would be pretty fair if he was rotating fairly regularly through the centre bounces, and he’s not.

3 Likes