#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

He’s a way better inside player than people realise. They should play him on ball more often.

I love that there’s somebody called “davethedon” defending him… :thinking:

5 Likes

It’s actually David Myers.

Zaka is a year younger, he is protecting the kids on this forum.

1 Like

With my middle age spread, non optional lack of hair etc, the girls in my house would trade me for the other David in a heartbeat!

I spose I’m defensive of players more than most, and he cops it from the hordes more than most and way more than is deserved.

People like to dwell on faults and weaknesses, but go have a look at the all time Brownlow votes for Essendon. He’s ahead of names like Bomber T, Mark Johnson, Mark Harvey, mark McVeigh, Darren Williams, Gary Foulds, Gary ODonnell, Rama, and will likely catch Misiti and has a reasonable shot at passing Hawker, Jason Johnson and Mercs. Just stop and think about that for a sec!

Next loss and some flog will be on here baying some rubbish about trading him for an empty packet of chips, and consider themselves more worthy of rocking up to a club function as a peer of those luminaries than Zaka. Sheesh.

14 Likes

Well done to Zaka reaching 200 games. That’s a mighty effort through a troubled time at the club.

He is best suited to an outside mid/link up player. When he plays there and our inside brigade is on top he is a great player for us. Should be played there more often. That or outside mid/hff.

Playing him as a switch hbf has hurt him & i have no idea why we are persisting with it. With the marty party back this week I can see him going back to what he does best tonight. Hoping he racks up 30 and a goal.

2 Likes

I agree mate. A lot of people have a hate boner for our older players. The work Zaka does off field with the younger guys is so far over and above what’s required of a senior player too. If it was up to the Blitz mob we’d be fielding a team full of players with a combined 200 games experience.

People with half a brain understand his value though. Hope he smashes his 200th game tonight.

4 Likes

I’m surprised that he is only at 200 games. It feels like he has been around forever.

I guess not playing finals throughout your 11 year career is the equivalent of missing a full season’s worth of games.

1 Like

He reminds me of a maccas burger this guy, so many preservatives that its look hasn’t changed over ages (if you leave it sitting) but gets stale and hard and even though it looks the same on the outside it is too hard to eat and isn’t of any use to anybody after a while

https://www.reddit.com/r/im14andthisisdeep/

Our 200 gamer who drags the kids up American mountains-go Zakka!

The man who kicks the goal

Good one Bradyn!!!1

1 Like

Lots of players commenting on his 200th - must be a popular guy with the group.

1 Like

Congrats on 200 Zaca.

Cop a lot on here but not many players play that many games and especially to such a high standard.

1 Like

Well done Zaka

Copped it on radio in post match interview

“Game needed a hero to come in the last, you came and kicked it out of bounds on the full! But then Hooker saves the day!”

1 Like

Credit where it’s due. He was very good tonite

He’s been better since they’ve been giving him specific roles at either end of the ground

Good game Zaha.

Well done for making 200 games.

Please do the right thing, demote yourself ( like Myers did) and let Ridley take your spot. Tell Woosha it’s the right thing to do for the future of the club.

This will only enhance your status at Essendon & provide the opportunity to a young player.

Don’t worry mate your place at the club is always assured.

Yeah nah.

How about you deliver this note in person to Zaka’s where he and his teammates are celebrating the win in his 200th. No?

3 Likes

Very underrated is Zaca

2 Likes

Great effort to make 200. Well done.

But seriously, now he has made the 200, it had to be asked given where we are at, shouldn’t Ridley be given a cracker??!!?

A game of 5th and a home final?