#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

well done to this man to stand up when we needed him.

8 Likes

His b & f placing will be interesting

Could see him top 5, could be miles off it

Saw him run past the ball to bump. Was probably the wrong choice in hindsight but so happy to see him do it, bit of physicality.

Thought he was excellent

1 Like

Thought he was good, not as many possessions as Sheil but he kicked 3 and Sheil didn’t. Close to BOG for me.

1 Like

Though he was great all game. Loved seeing him get a few goals, as we desperately needs our mids to chip in to help the forwards out

1 Like

He’s grown some aggots since shifting back

In a low-scoring game, if you can get someone that kicks 3-4 that often is the difference. He did well, played more on ball pushing forward which is where he has the most impact. On the run from 50, there’s nobody else I’d want with the ball.

2 Likes

I thought he was one of our best, really happy with his game. First half in particular was awesome.

Continues his good form since been given a challenge by the coaches.

1 Like

Hats off to Zaka.
a. 2nd week in a row where he’s put his body on the line in a. big play in the 4th qtr with the game up for grabs. good on him, we know it’s not always been his forte.
b. tippa singled him out in the postgame interview as the leader who stepped up and got everyone going.
c. adds to the leadership he’s shown off-season - the training camps… a true asset.
Zaka wasn’t considered a leader in previous years in an official capacity (despite winning a B&F at a v young age), yet has grown into one -regardless of any title - respect.

7 Likes

Can’t improve, and thus has to be traded.
Derp.

3 Likes

His last moth of footy has been very very good.

1 Like

He’s the last moth?

1 Like

By deduction I reckon it is the collective noun for games played since an internet troll has typed either ‘peaked in 2011’ or ‘gifted a career’.

1 Like

His last 4 years have been good.

Since 2016 he has been a valuable player, not AA level but still high.

People still think he’s inconsistent, I reckon it’s more he can’t carry an injury so every year he has a poor month either returning from or carrying an injury.

Much maligned player.

6 Likes

I agree with this. When fit, he’s been very consistent for a long time now

2 Likes

Glad to see him play big midfield and front half minutes on Saturday. Don’t like him at all being made accountable for an opponent in defence. With Gleeson back hopefully we see the end of that experiment

4 Likes

It was a stupid experiment.

I’m surprised anyone in the history of footy looked at Zaharakis and thought, there is a great HBF’er in there somewhere.

1 Like

There’s something wrong with our leadership group Imo.

I know we wanna get the young guys involved but imo should be

Heppell©
Hooker (vc)
Zaharakis
Merrett
Stringer

Maybe McGrath/Parish in a year or two.

Actual group
Heppell ©
Merrett (vc)
Joey D (inj)
Myers (vfl)
Fantasia (inj/out of form)

Disagree imagine we are in a final and a defender goes down and we need someone to go back.
Especially late in the game rather Zaka back and McGrath running in the middle.

Thought Zaka did as good a job defending as guelfi does.

Also an option if he gets tagged, he could go back and release McKenna/Redman or Ridley to the wing.