#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

I’ve been thinking that.

I’ll admit, when I saw him trying to play on Ablett earlier in the year, I considered it one of the dumbest moves I’d ever seen.

But, as the weeks went by, he got a bit better at it and now he’s moved back to playing more midfield… He looks to have a more defensive mindset. It’s a small sample of course, but I don’t reckon I’ve ever actively noticed him shepherd and spoil before, and he’s been doing that lately.

Maybe he should have been sent to half back years ago?

He Seems way better on his own podcast than the Don Air one.
Its not hard to guess where Sam Newnham lies with the women in sport contentious issues - with Caster Semenya, and the footy player Hannah Mouncey etc

Darcy Parish was a natural on the Don Air one without Cooney there, but like who throws out a roast after you have dinner!

I think Zaka seems to have good relationships with all the young guys.

He wont be the star every week - Merrett / Shiel / Heppell are the mid stars.
But every now and again he will have a very good game, but he is more team oriented / role player than kick chaser now.

Trade him. Just get him off the list.

He is the epitome of the Essendon Football Club over the past 15 years.

There to collect a pay packet.

2 Likes

You’re an idiot

4 Likes

That was pretty bad, both times. We could have clawed it back but he plays a selfish game and the game is then over.

Zaka was pretty bad then and really cost us. He has had a pretty poor game from a club leader.

2 Likes

Not a fan.

Two more years! He might get to 250 games! This club.

He wasn’t great today. But just out of curiosity, do you only come here to post negative crap? Or have I just missed your gems of positivity?

3 Likes

Been garbage for years

Doesn’t play like a 200 gamer.

He peaked in 2011, and has dined off that ever since.

I’m shocked he has played 200 games. At least 70% of them have been poor.

3 Likes

nope only posts after a loss, never after a win

1 Like

His bad games are now really really bad, and they haven’t always been.

He’s a worry.

5 Likes

How is he wrong? Half his forum think they’re ■■■■■■■ comedians ripping into Z Clark in his thread yet Zak’s does epitomise so much of our past 10-15 years.

He was ripping into the backline not 3-5 mins after he burnt Tippa missing a sitter, screaming at them to keep their heads up after a Port goal.
No David, ■■■■ you!! They dropped their heads because you trot around like some superstar yet miss so many kicks and easy shots, barely lay a ■■■■■■■ tackle and you’ll be remembered as one of the only >200 gamers who’ve never won a final.

Absolute down hill skier.

13 Likes

No. Just the internet police only take issue with anything after a loss and have no recollection of anything other than the good things the club does and are often too busy fapping over one another and anything the club feeds them to notice anything else when the club has won a game of football.

Hey it was a legitimate question. I don’t recall you getting around the lads when they’ve had a good game. But I do notice you chip in a lot when things aren’t going great. If I’ve missed your good posts I apologise and will keep an eye out in future for your celebratory ones.

2 Likes

200 games. My god.

2 Likes

Where did I say he was wrong? Feel free to point it out. I don’t think you can.

What I did say is that he’s quick to jump on when the chips are down.

1 Like

I take it all back, I’m begging for the Zaka of any year previous to this one. Diabolical.

Which idiot signed him up for another TWO MORE FREAKING YEARS AFTER THIS ONE?

4 Likes