#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

He will dominate next year when he is the fourth midfielder oppositions need to tag. Great game. Stood up like a leader.

Rocket said in the pre game they went in to tag him and it didn’t work, changed the tagged in the second half and only really quelled him.

Great work Zaka, awesome job.

He is coming out the other side of a rough patch. Watch out now he has learnt to deal with the tag.

He wasn’t just racking up touches, he was hunting the opposition as well. Look hungry today, hungrier than he’s looked for a while. I think the exposure of his form in the media may have given him the spark he needed.

Well done Zaka, great stuff!

He got a holding the ball free for…now thats something. Great game…maybe he was hurt he wasnt given the captains nod

It doesn't mean the last 8 or so weeks didn't happen however.

I agree, but it’s funny how his first 8 or so weeks suddenly didn’t happen when the knockers came for him.

Not at all. Was outstanding to begin the season and deserves the plaudits for that.

well done zaka. fantastic performance again

Played great today. So at least we know there’s no mental demons to exorcise it’s just teaching him how to deal with a tag.

I agree, but it’s funny how his first 8 or so weeks suddenly didn’t happen when the knockers came for him.

I don’t agree with you foggy, and usually I do 99% of time, but that’s OK.

Everyone on here gave him massive kudos for his first few months, he was fantastic. I don’t think you;d find many saying he wasn’t. When he was non-existent for a few weeks people gave him some slack. But after 9-10 weeks of horror football, being embarrassed by mediocre at best taggers and barely touching the ball, then that’s where the criticism came from. There’s no way that’s not justified. A senior leader can’t go missing for 10 weeks and then everything be OK again once he has a great game. It’s an indictment on him Worsfold choose a 20 year old over an established senior player. We as a club can’t accept players having a stretch of 9-10 weeks of horror football, not if we want to be anything other than a bottom 4 side. Today was a great step for him, I’m not going to overboard about 40 possessions because Stokes had over 30 also and it was a loose game in general, but I was impressed by what he can do with the ball. He’s genuinely damaging in ways few others in our team are and god I hope he can do that next year, imagine him, Parish, Heppell, Zerrett & Watson firing with Hocking & Myers being tough c*nts. Genuinely exciting.

I didn’t see any tag on him in the first quarter which was completely baffling from Eade, and once they sent Rosa/Shaw to him it was already too late. He had his tail up and feel for the game. He was fantastic today, but what I liked most was that he harder at the ball then what he has been all year. That’s why it’s so frustrating, because he’s capable of being harder and doing this and yet for over two months he wasn’t sighted. A great performance today, he needs to back it up in the last few weeks. I hope this means he’s got his confidence back and he can end the year strong.

Sharkarakis

Tag or no tag, today should have reminded people of the type of player Zaka can be. When the other guys come back next year, if Zaka is still getting a tag, that just means teams are willing to let the likes of Heppell, Merrett, Parish, Stanton and Jobe run free; and that won’t happen every week.

It’s probably an indictment on Eade as coach that he failed to implement one of the most bleedingly obvjous weaknesses in one of our most damaging players.

Rocket said in the pre game they went in to tag him and it didn't work, changed the tagged in the second half and only really quelled him.

He is coming out the other side of a rough patch. Watch out now he has learnt to deal with the tag.

He has?

Rocket said in the pre game they went in to tag him and it didn't work, changed the tagged in the second half and only really quelled him.

He has?

I’d say its more an indictment on gold coasts tagging than a positive for zaka tbh.

He has?

Well when the opposition coach says we tried to tag him and couldn’t. Then possibly yes.

He has?

Well when the opposition coach says we tried to tag him and couldn’t. Then possibly yes.

find that hard to believe… it really didnt seem like anyone was paying close attention to him

I don’t agree with you foggy, and usually I do 99% of time, but that’s OK.

Everyone on here gave him massive kudos for his first few months, he was fantastic. I don’t think you;d find many saying he wasn’t. When he was non-existent for a few weeks people gave him some slack. But after 9-10 weeks of horror football, being embarrassed by mediocre at best taggers and barely touching the ball, then that’s where the criticism came from. There’s no way that’s not justified. A senior leader can’t go missing for 10 weeks and then everything be OK again once he has a great game. It’s an indictment on him Worsfold choose a 20 year old over an established senior player. We as a club can’t accept players having a stretch of 9-10 weeks of horror football, not if we want to be anything other than a bottom 4 side. Today was a great step for him, I’m not going to overboard about 40 possessions because Stokes had over 30 also and it was a loose game in general, but I was impressed by what he can do with the ball. He’s genuinely damaging in ways few others in our team are and god I hope he can do that next year, imagine him, Parish, Heppell, Zerrett & Watson firing with Hocking & Myers being tough c*nts. Genuinely exciting.

I didn’t see any tag on him in the first quarter which was completely baffling from Eade, and once they sent Rosa/Shaw to him it was already too late. He had his tail up and feel for the game. He was fantastic today, but what I liked most was that he harder at the ball then what he has been all year. That’s why it’s so frustrating, because he’s capable of being harder and doing this and yet for over two months he wasn’t sighted. A great performance today, he needs to back it up in the last few weeks. I hope this means he’s got his confidence back and he can end the year strong.

Pretty much this

He really put in today and was damaging with the ball.

He had to perform, he had played like absolute ■■■■■ for about 10 weeks straight.

So hopefully he can build on that for the rest of the season.

Today should be the benchmark for him moving forward.No point putting in a performance like today and then going back to normal next week.

Today showed that he is capable of putting in that sort of performance when he wants to.

Maybe not getting the captaincy and a 20yr old doing so was a rocket he needed.

Why is it that some supporters need a player to pillory?

First one I remember was Kevin Walsh, and since then many have been burnt by so-called fans.

Zaka is a Club Champion, had a great first part of the season, and while his past weeks form fell off, he was still up in the top players.

Some of you need to get a new scapegoat.

Gold Coast are his bunnies. Has an extraordinarily good record against them.

Why is it that some supporters need a player to pillory?

First one I remember was Kevin Walsh, and since then many have been burnt by so-called fans.

Zaka is a Club Champion
, had a great first part of the season, and while his past weeks form fell off, he was still up in the top players.

Some of you need to get a new scapegoat.

he is?