#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Well Crazybomber, Zaka has not been rubbish or deplorable for the past ten weeks. He has not been BOG, but continues to deserve his place in the team.

And winning a Critchton automatically makes you Club Champion.

You have the right to get frustrated, but you don’t have the right to state some of the ■■■■■ that you and others have been saying about Zaka, Stanton, Dempsey, Bolton, Walsh, and many others over the years. What the fark have you ever done on a footy field?

really? in what way has he contributed to the team over the past 10ish weeks that has earned him a place in the side.

I did love the old “what have you ever done on the footy field line though”, becuase we never hear that when criticism is levelled at a player

Well Crazybomber, Zaka has not been rubbish or deplorable for the past ten weeks. He has not been BOG, but continues to deserve his place in the team.

You have the right to get frustrated, but you don’t have the right to state some of the ■■■■■ that you and others have been saying about Zaka, Stanton, Dempsey, Bolton, Walsh, and many others over the years. What the fark have you ever done on a footy field?

Agree with you to an extent i.e. there is no need to be personally insulting or be fixated and relentless in your attack of individual players to the point where you are no longer viewing things objectively and recognising the good they do.

However, the bolded part… please Bacchus. Let’s call the whole thing off if that is the case. You don’t have to have been an elite footballer to have an opinion, whether that be positive or negative. That is ridiculous.

Agree with you to an extent i.e. there is no need to be personally insulting or be fixated and relentless in your attack of individual players to the point where you are no longer viewing things objectively and recognising the good they do.

However, the bolded part… please Bacchus. Let’s call the whole thing off if that is the case. You don’t have to have been an elite footballer to have an opinion, whether that be positive or negative. That is ridiculous.

Going to be super awkward for Brendon Bolton if he’s not allowed to have an opinion on his players, having never played AFL and all.

Going to be super awkward for Brendon Bolton if he’s not allowed to have an opinion on his players, having never played AFL and all.

To be fair - Bolton has done a few things on the footy field.
Just not much - footy.

When he does it with a tag, even 20+ meaningful possesions then il be impressed. Everyone knows what he’s capable of when left unattended and it was fkg idiotic of eade not to lock down on him after quarter time. Yesterday just proves what we already know, his best is very good. Put up that kinda effort or even something close to that when we’re losing badly and your getting tagged, thats what we wanna see

Just not much - footy.

Yeah, I know. I just find the argument that people who haven’t played AFL can’t criticise AFL players ridiculous. The world would be a pretty quiet place if you could only have an opinion on things you’d done yourself.

Just not much - footy.

Yeah, I know. I just find the argument that people who haven’t played AFL can’t criticise AFL players ridiculous. The world would be a pretty quiet place if you could only have an opinion on things you’d done yourself.

Yep, I agree with you.

Just not much - footy.

Yep, I agree with you.

Can you at least pretend to disagree so we can get in a big shitposting argument? It’s blitz after all.

Just not much - footy.

Yep, I agree with you.

Can you at least pretend to disagree so we can get in a big shitposting argument? It’s blitz after all.

I don’t take kindly to being told what and what not to say, you self-important nose-picking fart-smeller.

So Adam McPhee is a club champion?

Sorry but if you are minting a new “champion” every year (disregarding the fact that some actual champions win multiple years) then you are devaluing the term champion.

Can we please close the forum? Clearly only AFL quality players are allowed to form any opinions on any of our players.

Um what? Did you purposely not read things properly or is there a reason why you want to be a d*ck for no reason? Really I was trying to have a reasoned argument and now if you've turned this into a s*t fight by being a wanker for no reason when it wasn't called for. Bacchus I think you've come to the wrong place if you think only top notch AFL players are allowed to have discussions on a football forum? Assuming it's all respectful.

What “■■■■■” have I been saying? You’re straight up LYING. I’ve praised Zaka when he’s done well. Stanton is my FAVOURITE player and I’ve DEFENDED him since day dot and I have no idea why people keep bringing him into Zaka talks. Stanton is a gun and has done twice the work Zaka has. Dempsey has been in poor form all year (feel free to disagree?). Bolton was a Goodes specalist and even the man himself admits he got everything out of himself. I was always respectful of the guy, not to mention he was a top bloke off it. Don’t remember Walsh. Also reeks of being hypocritical if you’re unable to accept basic and deserved criticism of a player and yet the same people who angrily rush to his defence for no reason are the same people that you’ll see in Jerrett threads saying he can’t make it. It’s a football forum, as long as it’s not personal on players, there will be discussions on players’ form every time.

I CLEARLY said that yes it makes him a club champion in the sense that he won a best and fairest. Did you ignore that on purpose? Just like every best and fairest winner in our history. But no it doesn’t make him a club great in a playing sense. He’s nowhere near being a champion of the club, unless of course you want to rate his feats on the same level as Matthew Lloyd. I wouldn’t even have him above Blumfield and he was a brilliant player for a few seasons and should have had a Norm Smith in 2000. Now before your brain is unable to comprehend the next part… I want you to take a breath at this stage of reading… that doesn’t mean I don’t love him as a person, want him to do well or think he sucks. I think he’s been a good to solid player who has yet to fulfill his ability. If you can’t differentiate this then there’s no point in trying to have reasoned arguments with you because you’re clearly unable to comprehend criticism. I love Zaka and hope he actually does become a club great in the next few years.

Was is it so hard to accept players are playing bad when they’re playing bad? I’m not saying we should drag him and his family around…I’m just saying he’s been in poor form? Are we allowed to say players aren’t playing well?

Why is it that people can't tell the difference between criticising one of our club's players, and slagging them off as if they were scum of the earth? It's bad enough calling opposition players 'rubbish', 'cowards', 'potato' etc - often put into that forgiving box labelled 'banter' by keyboard warriors. But when it comes to our own players - well, you can just fark right off if you think that is 'criticism'. It's not - it's cheap, unintelligent, childish name-calling.

Spot on. It’s the slagging off that gives me the ■■■■■.

I preferred the Hurley thread.

Zaka in the AFL team of the week.

The citation: "DAVID ZAHARAKIS (Essendon) – The star Bomber was everywhere in his side’s second win of the season, finishing the day with an incredible 40 disposals and 80 percent efficiency. "

Eade tried the tag on him, and it didnt work. Well done Zaka

I gotta say - and this is in no way designed to be a comment on his playing ability, and I’m not having a go at anyone who’s been knocking him - but I would not have enjoyed being in Zaharakis’ position this year.

First, he’s had pretty much had no contact with 12 of his best mates who have all been posting photos of themselves holidaying topless all over Europe (despite being suspended, yes unfairly, but suspended nonetheless for taking banned substances) while he busts his gut playing footy back home in a team with about a 2% chance of winning (at best) every week, doing 5:00 am recovery sessions in the middle of winter.

He’s been copping crap like “you’re only playing because you’re scared of needles” from fans, supporters, Triple M flogs etc.

Doing media interviews where nobody wants to talk about the fact that he was playing career best footy in the first 10 rounds - rather, they want to know “What’s Jobe doing? Is Hurley coming back? Should Jobe keep his Brownlow? Is Hurley coming back?”

I wouldn’t blame him (or any other player TBH) if he’s had just about enough of this season - and his last few performances had suggested he had, but no, he goes out on the weekend and has 40 disposals and gets an absolute rabble of a team up for a win.

Good onya Zaka.

The Suns are tanking. Why else would they not tag Zaka?

ffs

Maybe, just maybe, over the period he was playing poorly he had other things on his mind and they were weighing him down. But now that he has heard from Hurls and the boys that they are all coming back he was like “LID ORF!” and had a cracker.

ffs

I feel you should have been more emphatic.

FFS

FFS