#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Were you at the game?

No.

Well Crazy One, if this is praising, I would like to read a roast.

Keeps playing like that and he will cop a tag every week. Too damaging to let him run free.

1 Like

Rapt that he stepped up to cover the loss of Zerrett. Huge game from Zaka despite the obvious turnovers.

1 Like

Which part of my post do you disagree with my friend?

I said he was very good and we wouldn’t have won without him. I count that as praise.

That’s where McGrath steps in

1 Like

80% disposal efficiency sounds great.
But if those turn overs result directly to opposition goal scoring opportunities. Then it means FA.

I thought he had an ok game. Not bad, not great. High disposal numbers doesn’t mean a great game.

1 Like

He only had 4 clangers out of 36 possessions.

For mine he was the biggest factor in the last quarter. We wouldn’t have won without him.

Probably wouldn’t have been down 20 if he and dois were turnover Adelaide goal city in the first half.

2 Likes

Well Crazy One this post is a little over the top.

1 Like

Looks like he was the designated kicker going into the forward line, and he kicked some sublime passes. He was a very dangerous match up for the Crows all night.

2 Likes

Well it depends on what you want. Reminds me a bit if sitting at the footy listening to people yelling “kick the ■■■■■■ thing” when players under pressure try handball to someone who might have time go spot a target and then moaning later when someone hacks it and it lands with the oppo. Zaka might possibly have avoided some turnovers by going sideways or backwards or long to a contest at times, but he turned inboard and tried to get it to advantage. It’s high risk and high reward. If you want high reward by taking the game on don’t expect no turnovers. And if you want zero clear turnovers don’t complain when guys chip back/sideways or kick to contests.

4 Likes

Looks like we have our new whipping boy now Stants has retired.

He was great with a bit of round one rust, so was most of the team.
Good signs for the season ahead for him I reckon.

shhhhhhh. balanced thinking like this will get you in trouble around here.

Pick a side of the argument, stick to it and yell at those who oppose.

He really demands a tagger. Zaka positioned so well to receive and could’ve won us the game or at least controlled it if his disposal was on earlier or his assists resulted in goals. Trouble for opposition is tagging him opens up someone else.

2 Likes

Apart from a few clangers he was always free and found space don’t know where people saying he was ■■■■■ for 3 qrts

1 Like

Yep, I’ve watched the game a few times now.

Zaharakis was exceptional, and I am pathetic at watching a game live and coming away with reasonable observations.

He just ran so hard, and was incredibly attacking and damaging in that outside role.

I got all focused on his mistakes, but they were few compared to the positives.

I also thought after last year that he played his best footy inside. I might have to change that thought as well.

6 Likes

Yep. Most obvious player to tag because it actually works when you do. Zerrett and Heppell are too inside to tag.