#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving full-Ironmans

I would back Jane to stick closer to an opponent

1 Like

There’s hunting the ball/player and there’s being an incidental participant. Zaharakis just isn’t that player and that’s ok, but the lack of leadership for a senior player is the thing that disappoints the most

1 Like

10 seasons with the club he barracked for as a boy for zero finals wins.

Season 11 starts in the most disappointing way imaginable.

And this is the immediate reaction…

I really don’t get it.

4 Likes

Well said.

Trade him & every other senior player that doesn’t give 100%. No more of this ■■■■ EFC, be a real club or I’m outta here and I’m thinkin I aren’t the only one in this frame of mind.

Everybody better get used to it, we’ve got at least 2 more years of Zaharakis - for all the bleating in here, he will be the first picked like Hurley no matter how many stinkers he puts in.

He’s a protected species with supporters, especially when you compare it to the amount of sh*t Goddard cops on here.

His defensive effort is often questionable.

He escapes any kind of scruntiny because he was EFC supporter as a kid.

3 Likes

I think only in the last few years have people really begun to notice just what he does(or doesnt do) on the field.

the sad part is he has never been made accountable for it. He still gets picked every week no matter how poorly or how lazy he is. That’s on him, but also the coaches.

For a guy that has hardly improved in 6-7 years (the same with Bellchambers) you need to ask some questions about their commitment for improvement.

Both of them have the talent to be All Australian players, they simply don’t have the hunger, work ethic or personal drive. Both of them should have had 1 standout season where they at least get nominated for an All Australian award. But they haven’t.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s as bad as you guys are making out.

I wanted him gone a few years ago but I think he’s been pretty important over the last couple of years.

He had a terrible game but he had plenty of mates.

At least he won his share of contests.

1 Like

in what way? genuinely curious

I don’t think he’s that bad, he’s just a mediocre player… who is a protected species at the club.

For an outside player his contested work is actually pretty darn good and he wins clearances.

He’s also averaged 25 touches over the last 3 years so he can find the pill.

And although he’s not a brilliant kick he at least kicks the ball direct which is important in today’s footy where s lot of players like to go sideways.

He’s no star but he’s a pretty decent player to have on your list.

2 Likes

James Hird’s farewell speech he talked about about leaving behind friends like Zaharakis, and then made a joke that he’s not hard enough at the football and doesn’t work defensively.

2 Likes

Can’t recall Hirdy dropping him but maybe he did.

nah he didn’t. I blame Hird and his previous coaches just as much as i blame zaka and his current coach

1 Like

it can be at times, but he is also the master at not going hard at the 50/50 ball. Letting the opposition take it then applying the tackle. I think he has shown in glimpses how good he can be, but he isn’t prepared to work hard enough on field to achieve that

Credit where its due, he does have a very good tackling technique

4 Likes

I just think we are getting distracted from who we should really be blaming… Myers…

3 Likes

As this thread shows…

Protected species, lol.

6 Likes

Lol he’s been on at least 400k PA for the past 6 years. Doubt he cares a single iota how the team fares.

1 Like