#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving full-Ironmans

Not going well, and the reactions here are understandable after today, but I’ve got to say, I personally just can’t judge or write off any player or the team, on any performance this year, there really could just be so many different things going on experimentally, and/or mentally.

The coaches will be aware where there’s valid reasons for it, and where there’s not, & will cut the ones who they know won’t cut it, and keep those they think will, with a complete, and actual footy side.

We all of course expect vast improvement in our game when everything’s sorted, but if we don’t improve our fking goal kicking from game one next year, … Blitz will see a whole other side of me.

There will simply be no excuse for that dreadful kicking next year.

I wonder if Zaka has tried Jobe Watson’s boxing coach?

Not going well, and the reactions here are understandable after today, but I've got to say, I personally just can't judge or write off any player or the team, on any performance this year, there really could just be so many different things going on experimentally, and/or mentally.

The coaches will be aware where there’s valid reasons for it, and where there’s not, & will cut the ones who they know won’t cut it, and keep those they think will, with a complete, and actual footy side.

We all of course expect vast improvement in our game when everything’s sorted, but if we don’t improve our fking goal kicking from game one next year, … Blitz will see a whole other side of me.

There will simply be no excuse for that dreadful kicking next year.

If it was just a once off form wise i could handle it. But its every year with Zaka.

He will play at least 3-4 blinders

3 good games

The rest will range from really average to softer than marc murphy

Today he simply had to stand up and put in a good performance, no ifs ands or buts. Instead he just jogged around with his head down, refusing to put in and got dominated.

It says something about what kind of player someone is when their outgoing coach has a playful/but honest dig at them in their last press conference.

There has always been excuses for his poor form: he is injured, he feels sad for his teammates, he is getting tagged, etc etc.

Quite frankly he just doesn’t seem like he wants it enough to become a really good AFL player. Just happy costing along enjoying all the perks that come with being a footy player

I hear ya.

There’s only so much grace kicking the winning goal, in ■■■■■■’ rain, milliseconds away from being tackled, with seconds to spare, from outside 50, to clinch the best & most exciting Anzac Day game I’ve ever seen will get you I s’pose.

Has 1 more on his contract, & hence has 1 more year with a full side to pull his finger out.

I doubt he’s moved or traded this year, but another season of not enough up’s & too many downs would have to bring things to a head, no doubt.

Long bow, but the bloke is so EFC through & through, I reckon if he was cut, he just might give up footy rather than strip up in other colours.

Lol. Blitz.

And he’s still second in the Nobby.

In a year like this it doesn’t equate to much

Just quietly, I think Zerrett is very appreciative of Zaka being in the team. Zaka is not our best mid, but in a strong midfield team, he would play a valuable role eg: Brad Hill.

Hang tough people.

He’ll come good.

Still got the best haircut in the afl

Zaka isn’t able to break a tag which isn’t good. There are plenty of players in the comp of his calibre who struggle similarly. Montagna springs to mind.

On Anzac day the pies tagged both zerret and zaha out of it. So long as sides only tag zaka I can live with it. If sides choose to tag him next year I can live with that too. I don’t consider him our most damaging midfielder and all of jobe hepp stants and zerret have had their colors lowered at one time or another.

This has been a good learning year for zaka and he has probably played some of the best footy of his career. I think he will also learn slot from having the limitations of his game exposed so starkly. Should be good motivation for his preseason.

He makes it very difficult to justify a spot in our side moving forward in 2017 and beyond.

Sure, he’ll have some pretty games, racking up possessions, and kicking some nice goals from the 50.
But what about when the chips are down, in a tough final, and he is copping some attention.
Will he be able to contribute in any meaningful way ?

I’m having doubts that he can truly help us, and we know he still has significant value.

The Hawks will be shopping Hill around, so whatever pick they get for him, they may be prepared to part with.

Lets not sugar coat it, was (and is) ■■■■ weak. How he can go to work and look Parish, Goddard, and Zerrett in the eyes and not be totally embarrassed is beyond me.

Get him out of the club as quick as possible, or in 5 years we will be talking about his career the same way we are talking about Dempsey’s.

At least he tried to get into the game this week. Just because you are tagged doesn’t mean you should be invisible - you should be able to make an impact somewhere. This week he laid some (7) tackles at least.

At least he tried to get into the game this week. Just because you are tagged doesn't mean you should be invisible - you should be able to make an impact somewhere. This week he laid some (7) tackles at least.

It is just that it took him 3/4 of the game to pull his finger out. He is a senior player, he should know what to do to break a tag or to at least add something else to the team.

Very poor effort from Zaka. He should be embarrassed.

Into the forward line in 2017. Release Fantasia. We gain a blistering wingman with a heart who can rest forward and Zaka should be good for 25-30 goals a season which would be a good return.

As much as i lament the bloke and am frustrated as hell, why the fk do the coaches not move him deep forward when hes doing literally nothing. He can kick a goal

Btw, it staggers me teams tag zaka instead of zerrett. He’s far more damaging imo

As much as i lament the bloke and am frustrated as hell, why the fk do the coaches not move him deep forward when hes doing literally nothing. He can kick a goal

Btw, it staggers me teams tag zaka instead of zerrett. He’s far more damaging imo

because you can take zaharakis completely out of a game. reduce him to 0 impact. tagging zach isnt as certain

Stants struggled early with tags but eventually kept running and running and got through the tags and got better as a player.

Zaharakis gives up.

Stants got beaten with a tag a couple of times, but beat them heaps too. And he was in his early 20s when it started, not 26 like Zaha.

Re-sign, back him in and coach him on how to handle a tag.

He should spend the rest of the year with Crowley. We may as well use Crowley for something.

He should spend the rest of the year with Crowley. We may as well use Crowley for something.

nah, Woosha doesn’t tag. You know- development or whatever the current excuse is.

Zaka is not a kid anymore, he is 26- multiple pre-seasons to get his body strength up to standard. Either he stands up or we trade him.

I love this idea. Have Crowley just annoy the absolute ■■■■ out of him. Pinch and grab at every training session, steal his pen at team meetings, block him from driving out of the car park, ring him 25 times a day. Get into him!

Dealing with a tag on the weekend will seam easy after it.