#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving full-Ironmans

I was quoting Riolio’s post, tbh I didn’t even read your original post that he quoted.

1 Like

What’s the difference between a “basher” and someone pointing out valid criticism? That’s what brings about a divide, people not being able to point out obvious underperformances… It’s OK for people to have free reigns on Langford, Gleeson or Jerrett or whoever but expecting better performances from players 5/6 years older and an experienced midfielder makes you a basher. The same people happily trot into the other threads and it’s OK because it’s not their fave player or they didn’t kick the winning goal 8 years ago.

Well regardless of what people find worse, at some stage the credits run out. Zaka was excellent in the first half of the year last year and then equally as poor in the second half. In my mind he still has plenty of credits in the bank and I don’t think you find anyone in this thread not wanting him to help crush Carlton this week.

Personally I find Zaka well, well within our best 22 and a player that could or should be in our best half dozen or so but is probably closer to around the 12-16 mark. He should be doing better and this week was a good step in the right direction. Pushing each and every player to improve is what will get us out of the Essington mediocrity of the past 15 years. I think if you asked Zaka he’d be say he’s been down on what he wants.

Anyway I don’t want this to continue on for another decade so all the best to him this week, he usually plays well against FC.

2 Likes

I’m a bit over this.

Zaka has always been a touch self conservative,… and he may have taken a short step last week, … but he also may have saved himself 4 weeks in re hab. It’s the player he is. Not everyone is a Heath Hocking or Paddy Ambrose & that’s just how it is.

Had a better game last night, and played with way more intent.

Woosha will sort him out, he won’t stand for shirking, but he also knows players are what they are, so if he keeps getting selected by this coach, … then he is doing what he has been tasked to do, … and the rest of you will just have to accept it, & STFU!

Or just whinge like fk as you are wont to do for 6 months plus, … either/or.

6 Likes

keep those blinkers up sunshine.

And you children be sure to keep your ignorance flags flying :+1:

Temperance is one of the blessings of aging Fog.

There aren’t many, … but that is one … :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I agree fog and that’s what I was getting at with the being able to criticise when it’s deserved and praise when it is. People not being able to say anything about poor performance without having Zaka’s personal crusade defend him to the hilt last week was crazy, he clearly had a shocking game and squibbed. That being said this week he took some good steps to being near his best. Personally I’d put last nights game between average and good, which is better than last week so that’s a plus.

I’m genuinely interested in knowing if people think I’m a basher. Because I might be a harsh c*nt on some players at times but I’m just as glowing and full of praise for those exact players when they do well. People don’t remember me saying how good I thought he was in the first half last year, and only seem to remember the second half of the year when I was pointing out how poorly he was going against taggers and pulled out a 12 week period of genuine shockers. People were too busy making excuses for his second half of the year to remember anything else. The praise is there when he performs which he did for the first few months last year.

oh and can we have a thread where BSD doesn’t bring up aging or age in relation to posts, I swear this is like the fourth thread. I think Blitz has proven age is no barrier for stupid.

He was much, much better. He wasn’t even that bad round one, but I thought he was pretty good last night. I like him forward

STOP PRETENDING LAST WEEK DIDN’T HAPPEN!!!

3 Likes

I just want to say that BSD is one of my favourite blitz posters

1 Like

You’ll learn Grasshopper …:smirk:

I miss my grasshopper.

6 Likes

cough TIPPA

My favourite bit (not necessarily in this case) is when I come home from a game and find a game or review thread fixated on some aspect I completely missed. Then when I rewatch the game I find some commentator said exactly the same thing, before Blitz did. Parroting is real.

5 Likes

Look, against better judgement, I want to jump in here.
What you wrote above is not accurate, and no, it is not the cause of the ‘us vs them’ situation in these threads.

The problem is, instead of ‘fair criticism’ as you put it, there is a tendancy for bi-polar ranting and slander. There is never an issue with critiquing a player. The issue is when the critique is delivered in the form of disparagement. It really ■■■■■ me when this comes up again and farkin again and the cry is 'I’m just fairly criticising…blah blah…" farkin bullshit.

Of course people take offence when someone they have allegiance to is disparaged and slandered. Particularly, when it is written in a forum, without the benefit of seeing the person’s face and reading any accompanying expressions that may (or may not) soften the diatribe.

Sensible and respectful criticism very rarely attracts aggressive counters. When people are nice to others, the response almost always mirrors that tone. But if you jump in and smack someone in the face with aggressive name-calling what the ■■■■ do you expect back?

ffs

7 Likes

hahaha…and then I read Fog & BSD’s posts…

I agree that not everybody is a hocking or ambrose but i expect when its his turn to go that he does. He was very soft on 3 or 4 occasions last night and that wasn’t good enough.

Its the one thing missing from his game.

Like you said he improves it or will be out of the team cos woosha wont tolerate softness.

(Cheques in the mail :wink: )

Haha, that’s funny. You reckon he was soft 3 or 4 times, and that Woosha doesn’t tolerate that? Well how come he keeps selecting him?
He won’t be omitted against fck Carlton, so maybe he isn’t as soft as you think, or Woosha doesn’t care?

This happens almost every week