#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

ZAHARAKIS%20David.png

Season Highlights
24 disps (17 kicks 7 hballs), 4 marks, 4 tackles and a goal in Rd 22 6-pt win over Carlton at the MCG (24 Aug 2013)
27 disps (19 kicks 8 hballs), 3 marks, 5 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 15 30-pt win over Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium (7 Jul 2013)
30 disps (13 kicks 17 hballs) in Rd 12 43-pt win over Gold Coast at Etihad Stadium (15 Jun 2013)
27 disps (16 kicks 11 hballs) and 4 tackles in Rd 10 44-pt loss to Sydney at the SCG (1 Jun 2013)
26 disps (17 kicks 9 hballs) in Rd 8 10-pt loss to Brisbane at Etihad Stadium (18 May 2013)
31 disps (21 kicks 10 hballs), 9 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 7 28-pt loss to Geelong at Etihad Stadium (10 May 2013)
27 disps (17 kicks 10 hballs), 3 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 6 39-pt win over GWS at Etihad Stadium (4 May 2013)
34 disps (21 kicks 13 hballs), 4 marks and 4 goals in Rd 5 46-pt win over Collingwood at the MCG (25 Apr 2013)
27 disps (13 kicks 14 hballs) and 6 marks in Rd 4 37-pt win over St Kilda at Etihad Stadium (20 Apr 2013)
26 disps (14 kicks 12 hballs) and 8 marks in Rd 2 148-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (6 Apr 2013)

Oops, forgot today's.

SNAPBACKS.

Can't wait for him to take the next step in his development. Teases us with glimpses, and has a proven ability to win us matches

Could be anything.

Showed that he can step up late in games and make things happen.

Coolest Greek bloke this side of 'Spiro the VL King'.

Will kick the winning goal in our next flag. 

One of my fav's.

Didn't quite step up like most of us thought he would, however overall his season was more than solid. I'm hopeful he'll step up to elite-elite next year.

Love him. That knee in the back seemed to slow him down a bit this year. Professional "kicker of the winning goal at the last minute".

solid year but perhaps not quite as much improvement as i had hoped for. few things i think he could work on

- defensive work rate, rarely uses he pace defensively

- ball use under pressure, he tends to be a bit panicky under pressure and he needs to learn to use it a bit more cleverly and use his pace to exist stoppages. He should get strapped into a chair with his eyes taped open watching video tapes of ablett working clear of stoppages with one-two handball combinations.

solid year but perhaps not quite as much improvement as i had hoped for. few things i think he could work on

- defensive work rate, rarely uses he pace defensively

- ball use under pressure, he tends to be a bit panicky under pressure and he needs to learn to use it a bit more cleverly and use his pace to exist stoppages. He should get strapped into a chair with his eyes taped open watching video tapes of ablett working clear of stoppages with one-two handball combinations.

A bit A clock work orange-ish?

Now I'm thinking of TBC's pants.

Coming back from the injury meant that the year was a building one for Zaka.

I expect him to cement his place in the AA squad next year.

Was solid without being exceptional (other than Anzac Day). Lost some steam after the back injury so I won't judge him too harshly after that.

Still has a lot to improve on defensively and even offensively he needs to make things happen more rather than waiting for his team mates to give him the ball so he can finish all the time.

Should be better next year with a full pre-season under his belt and injuries permitting he should cement himself rightfully as our second best player after Jobe.

If we ever get it done in a grand final, it's probably Zaharakis that's going to win it for us. 

You can just tell he's the type to kick 3 or 4 off the wing in a grand final.

He’s ok

He's ok

Stalker

He's ok

Stalker

I won't help you if you keep this up.

tracking as expected

If he can string together some consistent games in a row, he will finally reach elite status. Seems to play very good in a match then drift away and not have a big impact in the majority of the games. Maybe the sore back influenced his form? 

Hoping he can have a big pre-season and start pushing for AA.

Really rate him

Needs more PEDs