#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Were you not here 3 weeks ago???

Yeah it’s why I said it. Drives me insane that there always has to be at least 1.

If you can’t say a player is out of form when they’re out of form when can you say they’re out of form?

Similarly, can you say a player has shown years of underwhelming output when they’ve shown years of underwhelming output?

He’s been good the last two weeks. He was rot before then.

What I’m saying is…

5 Likes

And backed up by the frank discussion with the players.

It’s sure showing results!

13 Likes

Lol are eon sports trolling when they said that st kilda are chasing a big fish and mentioned that aints fans would be disappointed if they onky picked up zaharakis. Nearly had my breakfast come out of my nose.

Small breakfast or big nose?

1 Like

Big nose lol.

Only caught the tail end of the conversation. Did they just choose his name randomly to make a point? Or is there some truth to it?

No idea mate. I just couldn’t pass up the question to you. :grin:

1 Like

This was the game I was looking for to see if he had turned the corner. All well and good to get 30 touches when the team is winning easily but see how you go when the team is playing ■■■■ and you need to still play well.

Tonight he did that, we were rubbish but he was not.

11 Likes

Agreed.

Whoever lit a rocket under him deserves a promotion.

Just needs to keep stringing these performances together for the rest of the season.

Yep good again, but just off like many others. When he got run down it was disappointing because he’d actually worked super hard to get into space.

You could see how dirty he was when he got run down, but i think our zero presenting forwards should take some heat for that. Too many times we looked up on the wing and all that was waiting was yellow and black.

He had a good game, gave it everything didnt have enough mates. If we had won it would have been because of him and parish in the last.

1 Like

You can’t blame the forwards when our entire gameplan is based around flooding the back half and then rebounding with run and overlap through the middle.

I blamed the coach as much as the players for that dismal performance.

I thought most players were 10-30% down. Zaka and Mcgrath were 2 that stood out alongside Hurley. Glad Zaka has turned the corner.

1 Like

Still hasn’t nailed down his kicking, though it’s improving - He’s running power was exceptional.

Zaka’s maintaining good form.

Good!

2 Likes

The play on, gather and kick after whack to the head (with no free kick called) was probably the most courageous thing he’s ever done.

That sounds sarcastic, but isn’t meant to be…

4 Likes

Thought it was an average game tonight - Think he spent part of the game on Kelly and found it difficult.

1 Like