#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

This is what his ordinary games should look like.

5 Likes

Scored seven stitches around the eye for that hit.

Will the MRP bother to call for the Essendon medical report. I doubt it. Zaka kept on playing

I think he did actually get the free for that, but advantage was correctly called. There surely couldn’t have been any doubt which way the free went and he was significantly in front of the offending players.

No he didn’t.

No free, but the way he didn’t even wince, not even for a second, as his eyes were already up the field for the next option, makes me think he’s very much proving he’s not soft.

Is playing tough footy the last few weeks, love it.

2 Likes

BUMP…

Zaka strings a bunch of very good games together and it’s gotten fairly quiet in here?
26 disposals, 8 bounces, ELEVEN tackles. Running the lines and linking beautifully. Smashing in without the ball as well. We need him.

5 Likes

yup,

after Freo the guy has been on a purple patch.

His run through the middle was outstanding. He is finally starting to run free of the tags and get damaging when he gets the ball.

2 Likes

I swear he used to be a certainty from 50 on the run.

If he gets that back, then look out.

5 Likes

When was the last time he was dangerous running through the middle?

Plus topping the tackle stats, and the repeated anti-squibbing. Fantastic.

5 Likes

Haha, said the exact same thing tonight.

Great game from him tonight which he deserves plenty of credit for, but when he was younger he used to love a goal.

Yep no idea, seems to have lost that like Myers with the hoofing atm

Outstanding game, especially re his composure delivering the ball inside 50. 11 tackles backed up his hard running. Well done, Zacka.

Turned the corner against Richmond

Coming from punt road he would’ve had to to arrive at the ground for the game…

Good hard football is a cure for any drop in form.

Is playing tough and reaping the rewards. Yeah if he could find his touch back with his kicking for goal and into the f50 to his peak days could go up another gear.

2 Likes

Goodness me he has found some form

His running power in the last moth has been immense - Still think he is kicking is off.

His run and carry through the middle of the ground last night was elite, as were his kicks inside 50.

1 Like

Thought he was quiet early, but then exploded in the second half. If any team is stupid enough to let him roam free then good luck to them.