#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Joe deal imminent. Likely announced as early as next week. 3 year deal at a bit over $2m from what I understand.

3 Likes

At 700k per, he’s clearly taking a haircut for the club plan.

Love ya JD.

1 Like

Zaka has really turned the corner, gave us lots of run and drive.

2 Likes

Much more likely he’s setting up for a monster next time.

He’d be due for a monster contract now with the new pay deal. He’d get a million on the open market no worries. I’d say there’s something in the pipeline, as in a big offer for someone this year, because he’s definitely worth more than 700 a year now. He’s the youngest most promising key forward in the game. I’d hope I’m right, would love us to put in a monster contract offer for a gun like Martin or Kelly

And let’s not forget who his family is and what that potentially means for his future.

Crickey, for a minute I thought you were talking about Zaka.

2 Likes

His turnaround in form has been extraordinary from after the Rd.7 Freo game.

Coaches have to be commended for sticking with him, when 90% of us wanted him dropped (me included).

I thought he played a ripper Friday night.
His hard running to find dangerous space, link up play, and damaging kicking is a real asset to our side.
Further, I haven’t seen him shirk a contest for a while.

I hope he can keep up this form.

1 Like

BOG today.

Where the fark has this Zaka been?

MCG, a little bit of rain, Collingwood.

Zakas perfect storm.

9 Likes

Yep, best on by a mile

holy crap that was ELITE

best game for the club

If Hurley wasn’t such a ■■■■■■■ manbeast would have been best on ground.

Im seriously hoping he keeps this form up for the rest of his career but a part of me makes me feel like he’ll play out of his skin in his contract year and then go back to plodding along again and being inconsistent once he gets his contract.

Was amazing again today though and has been awesome all season so kudos to him.

Well done Zaha.

1 year contracts it is

B-b-b-b-but he’s not that good, we shouldn’t expect things!

1 Like

He worked so much harder off the ball today, and he got his rewards. Much better!

Such clean disposal. Imagine he played 20 games in a season at this standard.

2 Likes

Oh and there’s a reason why he always plays well against Collingwood, they have Pendlebury who never goes near an opponent, Treloar who is too busy looking for the handball and Sidebottom who wouldn’t dare lower himself by going near an opponent. A good team to get yourself into form if the rest of your side comes to the party.

1 Like

Excellent game Zaka and great finishing