#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

I pray to the football gods that this bloke keeps playing like this after he gets his new deal.

4 Likes

I swear everytime he plays Gold Coast he has like nearly 40 possessions each time.

I was highly critical of him after a couple of early stinkers, but geeze he’s been really solid in the second half of the season. Essential part of our midfield now and just so happy to be proven wrong.

2 Likes

This - absolutely seems to love playing them

He has seriously had a very, very good year.

EAsily one of the best games I have seen him play

BOG by a mile

1 Like

SIGN HIM UP!!!

Gold Coast just upped their offer by $100,000

Now, … some of you go back 5 months in this thread, …

2 Likes

I… guess?

2 Likes

And everything that was said would have been correct? In fact people saying the best he could only be is a B/C+ grade player were proven wrong, he’s capable of great football consistently.

If Colyer has a great season in two years it doesn’t mean he had a good year this year. The logic of pretending every player is in great form all the time and being so sensitive to any player coping criticism is silly. Zaharakis said himself he was out of form and to his credit he worked his way out of it.

Him being in good form now doesn’t equal being in good form then. Zaharakis had a below average last half of last year and was below his best in the first 7 games of this year. Since then he’s been magnificent. It’s the “see I right after all he was never in any bad form ever and now I’ll be a snarky ■■■■” attitude is the exact reason why people basically stick to their guns regardless of anything that happens on field and why people on Blitz get sh*tty with each other.

He was below his best then, and he’s in great form now. Let’s enjoy his good form.

9 Likes

Plenty of people were calling for us to get rid of him. That’s rather more extreme than saying he’s just out of form.

5 Likes

A lot of people wanted him to be dropped, which would have been warranted, after a long stretch of below average games. I’m not sure I see anything wrong with that. I think we’ve given the same opportunities for Colyer to turn it around but unfortunately he just hasn’t turned it around.

To find the article where Zaharakis himself admitted he was in bad form?

6 Likes

I was referring to those saying trade him to get rid of him as long as we get a second rounder.

Swap Zaka for Kelly and a second rounder?

1 Like

I will put my hand up and say I was one of the ones that has been calling for him to be traded.

He is playing great footy now, and has really got some consistency going which is great to see

Well done Zaka

4 Likes

dunno if it’s my imagination, but he seems lighter than he did last year. much more light-footed as well, quicker putting foot to ball, more easily kicking the ball on the run…

Been very good for quite some time. Sign him up, 3 years.

1 Like

i thought he ran fine last year. It was early this year he looked sluggish at times. Maybe hit the weights a little too much - maybe trying to become the inside player he’s not. He plays best as the link man. Maybe he had a niggle early, but you’re right, he is running well and taking running bounces, and I am becoming very confident about maintaining possession when he has it. Would like to see a graph of his effective disposals. Per cent wise would be good, number of eff disposals would be through the roof. Not real keen to see traded out to get a mega deal done. Peter, Paul. Decent mids we don’t need to lose. Need to sign!