#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

you know zaharakis played games like this when the 12 were here, right? or do we just choose to ignore last season and half of the games he has played every season before that?

He kicked the winning goal on ANZAC Day 7 years ago you know.

Bet Ricky dyson feels pretty aggrieved. Kicked a harder goal on the day and wheres his 10 years of goodwill?

Precisely. It’s Ricky’s goal that gives me goosebumps when I watch the replay.

I thought he worked pretty hard. Not suggesting it was a great game but was an improvement. Think he laid the most tackles. Disposal was good if a bit careful at times - one perfect pass into the forward line. Those expecting/hoping for him not to be there next year - I’m betting you will be disappointed.

you know zaharakis played games like this when the 12 were here, right? or do we just choose to ignore last season and half of the games he has played every season before that?

Bet Ricky dyson feels pretty aggrieved. Kicked a harder goal on the day and wheres his 10 years of goodwill?

come off it.

I’m with Knighta.

Kick that on the siren, he’d still be on the list. Phenomenal kick.

If Leroy didn’t fumble and got the winning goal instead…

Zaka will likely be captan this weekend. Time to give him support, the same we gave Stanton when he was struggling.

come off it.

come off it what? No love for Ricky? Glorious goal.

Zaka will likely be captan this weekend. Time to give him support, the same we gave Stanton when he was struggling.

?

Has this been said or just your opinion of what will happen?

?

Has this been said or just your opinion of what will happen?

Woosha said that Zaka, Zerrett and JoeDan are great leaders. But he also said he’d be more than comfortable throwing the captaincy Zerrett’s way.

Very few on here gave Stants the support he deserved.

What is this, the new Stanton thread?

No, the old Stanton thread renamed.

The new admonishers of old Stanton

The most annoying thing about Zaka is that we have SEEN him do the hard stuff before and we know he can replicate it but he just doesn’t go for the hard ball when he can get it.

Even Hirdy gave Zaka a pot shot in his “retirement” speech saying he wish he went a little harder at the ball.

I can see why he’s been in and out of the leadership group like a yoyo because the players know this too.

He should be embarrassed if the captaincy goes to Zerrett. Hell it should of been him that got the vice over baggers (which is a compliment to baggers hard work) and now a 20 year old is likely to get the captaincy over Zaka.

It would be interesting to see how differently his career would have progressed if he didn’t kick that goal.

/rant

Zaka was awesome but his issue isn't that he can't play.

Or, surprise surprise, that he was injured.

Well, . it is possible to be injured, … and then recover …??

Not that that’s the case necessarily, just that it could have been, …

And just on this, and not directed at you inparticular here Rolo, … but it occurred yet again to me the other day, that these guys are human, and have lives, … and have all the trials & drama’s that come with that like anybody else.

We all have our down times when shitt goes awry and are off our game, but if it happens in this caper, it shows a lot more than it does in what most of us pursue.

Any one of these guys could, at any time, be having personal issues, and we would in almost all cases, be completely unaware of it, as we would if they are carrying an injury. There’s always the chance this could be the case, … especially when things seem to not make sense.

Just something for us all to keep in mind is all …

This certainly is good news for my supercoach team. Stuck by him and it may pay off when it counts

Stand up and be proud today Zaka and dream of what you can do next year when the brigade is back.

Well done mate.

Thank you Zakka!

No coincidence that when he has massive games we generally win.

Inside, outside - he was everywhere today; great to see him extract the digit today, this is the version of him we want. He even made his touches hurt too, had real impact.

Was very good today, so credit where it is due. Brought the level of intensity and engagement required. Good work Zaka.
It doesn’t mean the last 8 or so weeks didn’t happen however.
Will be one of the more interesting players to track in what looms as an intriguing 2017 season.

I love him.

I think he is a great player who hasn’t gotten anywhere near his ceiling so far in his career.

He stood up and put in arguably his best ever 4 quarter performance but it wasn’t against the best opposition.

Here’s hoping he can build on it and carry it throughout the remainder of the season.