#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

I don’t remember either shirking incident and didn’t see them again on replay.

On an assessment of his whole game, I thought he was influential early and drifted a little. That may be because he played mostly forward of centre, our mids played high possession games and that for the first time ever we had multiple small options presenting.

Our forwardline was overall a highlight and so I certainly wouldn’t be messing with it just yet.

Hep floated in from the side. Could have taken a hit but wasn’t flat footed under a high ball.

1 Like

Watching from the nose bleeds it becomes pretty obvious what contests Zaka chooses to go to and what he doesn’t.

The issue is he chooses. In a team that now goes hell for leather it stands out as one who simply doesn’t go hard enough.

His two glaring turnovers were because basically he ■■■■ his pants.

It’s strange to say but with the depth we have I think we actually can leave him out. I’d rather someone hard at. We have plenty of outside class around the ground.

4 Likes

I’m sure he’ll hear about it the team meeting… give him another couple weeks to rectify and if he doesn’t, he’ll be subject to depth…

1 Like

It’s always another couple weeks for zaka. He’ll break the tag just give him time.

1 Like

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Had a horror 2nd quarter but that was it. Had two touches in the 3rd that resulted goals.

Lets see what happens next week. Pretty sure he will be in the team.

I agree - not sure there would be any changes on the base of what was a very good team effort. Howlett did very well - but i would think the side on saturday all earnt a spots for 1-2 weeks pending injury. Zaka stsys in and Langford ( its not always easy to get a kick on the HFF). He kicks those goals hes played his role

I think we all hoped the subtle rocket from Hirdy upon his departure would’ve stirred him about his hardness, but I’m not sure it did

2 Likes

It sure encouraged scrutiny though.

But will he be over that injury niggle once he breaks the tag?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t drop Zaka after that game… I would give him another chance to settle in and get some confidence back.

Those saying he didn’t shirk a few contests did they watch on tv or go to the game?

because at the game it was painfully obvious he backed out.

on tv the add camera changing made it look like he was just slow to them.

Yep 100%. I was at the game, I was a few metres from him when it happened. Completely shirked it, everyone went bananas at him. I haven’t see that part on TV but he definitely, 100% did shirk it. Even Hawthorn supporters were like “da fuq?”

Yep, it was quite clear live. Everyone around me was ropeable. It wasn’t a good look. I immediately thought of the clip hird gave him about being soft

1 Like

Unfortunately that is Zaharakis. Generally a good, soft outside player capable of great offensive work and moments of self preservation. He isn’t going to change.

4 Likes

Didn’t see it live.
Looked really surprising on the replay.
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I want to think that he just didn’t want to over-commit.

it wasn’t good.

It looked a bit worse than that, unfortunately.
I’m not sure what would have happened if Gibson and Zaka had have collided at speed though. Would it have been a better outcome? Would it have made people feel better about it? I reckon the only difference would have been an injury - and yeah, probably Zaka.

1 Like

You’re all just jealous of his good looks.

10 Likes