#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

I definitely remember 2 incidents where he could have impacted a contest, but didn’t go hard enough.

The shanked kick was disappointing as it resulted in a goal to the Hawks, but that’s rare for him.
Having said all that, I wouldn’t drop him yet, and that over the shoulder handball to Fanta was sublime.

1 Like

Zaka is soft, noone ready to take his spot right now.

Doubts Will grow louder unless he grows a pair and gives us first half of 2016 form.

I think we’re calling it a “subtle rocket” now. I like it. I’d like it to become part of the Blitz vernacular.

When Marty is 25/26 years old and he’s filled out he’s going to be a star.

1 Like

Every player has a off day. I wouldn’t drop him as I thought he played ok in the second half. Last week Blitzers bagged Baguley, this week it is Zaharakis, who will it be next week?? Seems to be common on here.

Conor can play on the wing. he is fast, and he s definitely not soft, is an excellent kick and does run both ways.,

1 Like

■■■■■■■ concur!
I love Marty.

its not an off day. more than half of his games last season were of this standard, and had the same criticisms levelled at them.

Watched the replay just now, fair to say some people in here have NFI

3 Likes

Fans critisize a poor game had happened forever. Fk me. Have you just started following footy?

I don’t think Zaka was as bad as he’s being made out by the way, but yeah. It’s not a “on here” thing

1 Like

Lets all hope that errors stand out in this side because they’re rare.

When he is on he is on. Just lacks the consistency of the stars whose company he keeps for this stat.

That game was the exception, not the rule

I would’ve thought if we’re serious about not being a middling mediocre club like we have for the best part of 15 years then expectations should be the same for every single player on the list, from 1 to 40. At the very least expectations of effort should be the same for every player.

I can’t say I saw the incidents described, but the level of keyboard warrior in this thread is off the charts. Blokes make mistakes, some by skill, some by effort. What counts is whether he learns from it and doesn’t make the same mistake again. The fact that his 2nd half effort was significantly improved suggests he’s learnt from already.

But back to your original point, if you’re setting a standard for the side, everyone is accountable to it. You don’t pick and choose.

“He had a good game once!”

2 Likes

bleeds red and black!

1 Like

Couple of milestone games coming up.

Stanton 250 this week, Zaharakis’ 150th the week after.

Ahh good. 1W 2L coming up.

Hawks game was a milestone for Smack, surprisingly

he played his game of the year for us. balanced out.