#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Gleeson body hasn’t changed that much since he was first drafted. He is not going to fill out all that much. Will always be on the lean side.

3 Likes

I think it actually has changed a decent amount, you might not remember he looked like a 12 year old when he first came to the club.

Right. now he looks like he is 14. Only grew the mo’ so he could get into bars.

3 Likes

He will never be bulky but he has definitely filled out and got stronger.

I was Marty’s build at 22-23, I make Dean Rioli look like Kate Moss now.

He was still growing up until last year, he can definitely put a bit of size and strength on that frame but he’ll always be wiry.

Thing is, by the time he’s 26-27 the majority of the blokes he’s playing against will be under 22 (that’s the predominant demographics of the league). He doesn’t need to be a monster, just big enough to break the tackles that are sticking at the moment.

1 Like

so give him a few decades of booze and laziness?

1 Like

That was a weak effort. Should have gone harder but didn’t and hawks cleared the ball 50m up the field. No he probably won’t get dropped for that but he should be made an example of for that poor play.

Second one was just a clear case of spent it before he got it, not the first player to do it and not the last.

Was better in second half, good attack on the ball set up our first goal of the 3rd quarter and played better.

So you mean more like Kate Fischer (or Zipededodah or whatever she calls herself now)?

3 Likes

I just watched the first half and I didn’t see any squibs, just a couple of fuckups.

1 Like

I haven’t even seen the 1st half.

At the ground it was clear he pulled out, and generally had a shocking second quarter. But he dyplay better in H2. Won’t get dropped for that.

On 2016, I was pretty happy with his season. Maybe I have less expectations for him than most.

Zaka getting bagged for Burgoyne running through the contest harder…

On the reverse, tentative effort by Burgoyne saw Zaka who wanted the footy more run past him in pocket, get it and then handball off intuitively to Raz who immediately snapped and goaled.

It happens. Not everyone is as courageous and goes in hard all the time like Hodge.

Except for that time Hodge squibbed in with Ambrose coming at him, and Cooney gathered it, handballed to Melk who drove the ball long to a contest to see Colyer get the crumb and hand off to Hooker who goaled and won us the game! Bliss.

14 Likes

If Tippa don’t make you squib, Ambrose will.

3 Likes

Burgoyne was worried about the deliberate OOB. Fk me you’re being sensitive.

1 Like

No I wouldn’t Fk you. Yes you got rights to critisize players but it seems to be common on here. You probably one of these pr#cks that thinks you know everything in life. I been following football for 65 years. Supporters should be supporting their players not critisizing them. Let the coaches deal with their game performance. I don’t like the negative sh#t that some supporters put on their players. Anyway that is just me I support our players. Put yourself in Zaka shoes or any player in that matter,
being critisized by know all supporters.

4 Likes

yeah lets not compare zaharakis to burgoyne

I love how being old equals actually having a clue.

4 Likes

If its the contest Im thinking of I definately noted it but wasnt sure what player it was at the time (havent watched on replay) The contest looked from the stands like a momentary uncertainty of whether to stay on the ground minding their smalls versus leaping into a contest to spoil a mark. I think he thought there were more defender talls in the vicinity for us.

I personally think Zaka can really hurt some teams this year and am keener to see us support and encourage and give him confidence.

I hope he comes out and has a gut running ball tearer of a game this week against Brisbane.

What a ripping response to fence glass hiuse critics

1 Like

Yeah, why would being around for decades longer equate to more knowledge & wisdom??

Like, why the fck do we need books to learn from, written by all those old people that have gone before, when you’re just born with all the inherent knowledge of generations already pre installed right?

It’s the youngn’s that just accept that as a given, then learn from & advance on that hard won knowledge, that end up doing well in life, … the ones that don’t, will end up falling into every trap they could have avoided.

And the very best of luck to them …

6 Likes