#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Just looking forward to seeing him do what he does best this wknd. Get outside ball, deliver multiple dangerous inside 50’s and kick some sausage rolls Great milestone Zakka

4 Likes

Wow, could be confirmation bias, but this thread is amazing. And I’ve been a Blitz person for 35 years.

1 Like

People do realise confirmation bias is where everyone is agreeing and seeing one world view, right?

He’s no McNernan that’s for sure

1 Like

It was tongue in cheek, mate.

It’s the same algorithm underpinning their integrity departments AI program used for deciding outcomes of investigations and analysing umpire performance.

I have no expectations that every player will play " to the best of their ability" each week. Just not reality, and if you were within 10m of the alleged Zaka incidents then you were on the field.

I suspect the Crazy Bomber tag is real as most of what you say is crazy irrelevant crap.

I could probably arrange for you to meet with David, so you can tell him what a worthless coward he is and brings great dishonor to the Sash.

I may often be a whack job, and perhaps love our Players more than is reasonable. I think I know when they play poorly, and when at times could try harder, but as I have never played at this highest level, really have no idea of the pressure and tempo on the field. I am sure it cannot compare to A Grade in EDFL, where I did play a few seasons, dodging elbows and fists, making sure I was not hospitalised, but never being labeled a squib, as like Zaka was always there when my mates needed it.

Forums like Blitz give us all a chance to vent our feelings, but opinion is not fact, and while some will say you have a right to your opinion, when it is so wrong then it should be blasted.

Maybe CB, I am over sensitive to this, but after watching VFL/AFL live since my first game at Windy Hill in 1963, I reject that any player squibs or is a coward. Even Gibbs or Murphy from Fark Carlton.

Fark Carlton.

7 Likes

Congratulations on 150 games for Zak. Bombers fan, Bombers player.

6 Likes

Confirmation bias is where any one person selectively picks out only that information which supports their pre-conceived opinions. Nothing to do with everyone sharing the same view. That might be groupthink, but not confirmation bias.

8 Likes

Maybe…that’s just what you want it to mean :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’re a cult. Forget trying to add special descriptions to it, we’re a cult

Hey all you malakas
This is Za Ha Ra Kis
He don’t want his ■■■ kissed
But please celebrate his one50th

2 Likes

Congratulations David Zaharakis on reaching 150 games. Fantastic achievement - hope you have a great day and the Bombers have a big win.

6 Likes

I’ve still got mine.

1 Like

Yeah, I still love him.

Hope he keeps eyeing the goals off, it’s something he is very good at.

1 Like

It is, im liking the amount of time he has spent forward in the first two rounds. He hasn’t really done that since his b&f win.

Actually it is quite noticeable how much less reliant our midfield is on him and Stanton. Surprisingly so actually.

It is probably a combination of playing more directly and using the quicker small forwards to create a bit more run but we seem a long way from the days of stants being the only one busting his ■■■■ across to the outer wing.

Of course you can’t ignore the huge contribution zerret and parish have made to transforming the midfield. In many ways they have made Stanton’s primary role a little redundant.

I can’t remember an essendon midfield looking this deep with genuine mids going forward and impacting and vice versa. It’s pretty exciting

2 Likes

Congratulations Zaka, you are living the dream that we all wish we could. Keep wearing those colours with pride, you are an Essendon champion.

I’d love to read his thoughts on the build up to his 150th in his diaries.

Ummm, that’s not what confirmation bias is,… at all Ants.

finish your diaries and …

enjoy your 150th!