#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Well - you took out the bits you didn’t need, didn’t you? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

He’s the kind of player we would relentlessly mock if he played for another team. He’s just soft, downhill skis & runs 1 way. At his best he is a very dangerous player & you need those cream on top players to take you from good to a great team but when you’re coming from a very poor team & your midfield is getting smashed, guys like Zaka will always look poor.

3 Likes

He went for at least a qtr without a touch excluding one where there were 10 guys in a maul and it ricocheted 10 metres to him in 10 metres of space. Typical of his standard output.

It’s rough to say but if we could have got pick 25 for him in the off season I would take it and start again. He’s a bit like Theo Walcott. He’ll only ever threaten to be good and he’ll never consistently become what you want him to be (there you go @barnz)

1 Like

How dare you!?! Do you even love and support this club? Did you play the game at the highest level?

2 Likes

I’ll have you know I supported Essendon for 50 years thanks very much so my opinion outweighs yours as a result

5 Likes

Was happy to put body on the line and put head over the ball last year. Don’t get why he won’t do that again this year.

Struggled when tagged last year. But he’s free again this year and seems to have gone back to the old zaka who is happy to let others do the hard work. Needs minimum 2 weeks in the 2’s. Not one good performance and back in he needs at least 2 games.

1 Like

I’ll be shouted down for this but he is one of the most overrated players in the competition, IMO. If he played for anyone else we would see him as such. Hell, if he never kicked that goal on ANZAC day then people would have been on his back on this site for years.

He’s not awful or anything, but I don’t think he’s in our best 22.

3 Likes

Whats your footy resume and time spent as an efc member?

3 Likes

I’d have to be one of his biggest fans from day 1, but I’m happy to admit he’s pretty soft and a stint in the reserves would do him no harm.

1 Like

Me? Do I have to have played AFL to have an opinion on a player?

And I’ve been a member for 22 years. But none of that is important.

2 Likes

Hahaha very good!!

Well I’ve supported them for 51 and if you have an issue with that then perhaps we should meet face to face and sort this out in a brawl, and afterwards we can meet up with the players face to face so you can tell them how wrong you are. One day you young whipper-snappers will learn!

7 Likes

I didn’t really see him squib a contest today. He was just so poor and didn’t put in the required effort.

He has to be dropped. Make him work his backside off to get back into the side. Time for Zaka to show if he really wants to be the best player he can be or just be another player that never realised their true potential

2 Likes

Needs that meme “can’t squib a contest if you’re no where near it”

3 Likes

will unfortunately always be one of those players who only plays well when the team is up and about

I think sometimes it’s the other way around

Agreed. I don’t get it. He obviously struggled with the tag last year but you couldn’t fault his commitment, effort or workrate. Where did it all go?

1 Like

By his own standards has had a poor start to the year. He has averaged 17 disposals this year and was nearly 25 last year and has usually been above 20. That said he has averaged a goal a game so far.

He’s been like this for years. Why is anyone suprised. I loved the notion he’ll be awesome because the returning players are back

He’s that type of player who will play like fkn ■■■■ for 3 weeks, then the 4th kick 2 goals and have it 30 times. He’s been doing it for years

Drop him, he’d be the biggest one way midfielder I’ve ever seen us produce. Refuses to work the other way

2 Likes

Hope we’re not in a rush to re-sign him.

2 Likes