#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Actually he does and he did and he’s telling it how he sees it. Its not pretty.

Lol. Needed the old sarcastica font I think.

1 Like

You need to be a member for 40 years to unlock the sarcastica.

5 Likes

And also to have played at the highest level. I think that just unlocks the opinion tho.

4 Likes

Totally agee

My 12 year old self thought Slattery was alright. Debuted against Adelaide in yellow boots from memory.

1 Like

Reminds me a lot of Melksham, one of those players that people continue to think are going to be really good. They never get there.
Time has come to realise, this is as good as it gets.
And there are players who have gone past him.
Needs to go back to the VFL for a few weeks, prove he can improve, and then wait for someone to be dropped on poor form so he can get back in.

2 Likes

Isn’t he a restricted free agent at the end of the year?

Not fussed if he leaves or stays.

Thanks…but it’ll be 60 years in 8 weeks since I saw my first game.

And believe me…I’ve seen some shockers play in red and black…1971 bears some horrific scars.

2 Likes

What an eventful debut.

Got reported (I think) for striking, got a few goals kicked on him by Tex and we lost be 100 points.

Anyone that plays on about 30 meters out from goal in ■■■■ wet conditions who then proceeds to kick it on the full deserves to be dropped

HOLLYWOOD ZAHARAKIS

3 Likes

Thanks. I count then and am also a member of the old farts club.

Yep, that was rubbish. If he refuses to do anything else, at least go back and kick it when you finally get on the end of it. FFS. Was ropable - a chance to get back into the game, for a senior player to do that… etc. it’s all been said.

1 Like

First game I saw at Windy Hill was in 1963, so I am ahead of you.

My opinion always out ways everyone, even though I know fark all, which seems to be more than most.

2 Likes

Good thing they don’t outweigh anyone’s then isn’t it?

l called for him to be dropped after R1. l reiterate that call now. Perform in the seniors of find form in the Maggoos.

@Your_Team and I and others wanted him traded years ago.

3 Likes

Looks pretty.
Plays pretty.

Sorry, it’s simply the truth.

And that’s ok.

But we don’t need pretty, we need intense and 100% commitment.

If Marc Murphy can fire up and play like he is at present so can Zaka. Embarrassing that he doesn’t.

1971 !

We had some great players, but had a very, very, very poor year. John Birt was a champion player and a wonderful person, but he made that spud who coached before Hirdy look good.

Who were the shockers ?