#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Turn it up. Zaka is fkn frustrating and I’m not his biggest fan because he can play the way he did TONIGHT, just not regularly but 30 and a goal is a good return

2 Likes

wtf

‘w t f’ is censored???

2 Likes

Righto then Nickh32, bye bye, see you when you are back.

As for Zaka, while he could have had a spell this week, based on last week, tonight was good.

Didn’t think he was that good personally.

3 turnovers in the first half killed so much of our momentum to stay in it. Did put his body on the line more which was encouraging. But i still don’t think he should easily retain his spot.

1 Like

What’s the use of having 30 disposals when only about half of them hit there target. May as well say had 15 disposals.

I thought he was good last night. Criticism seems a little unfair to me.
Was better than Heppell and Watson.

4 Likes

Started slow, but he had a lot of friends. He picked up his game and played well. Shouldn’t be Whipping boy target No. 1 this week.

1 Like

Trade bait

5 Likes

decent game, provided some pace through the midfield and kicked an important goal. has to back it up next week or itll mean nothing.

somehow just screams hes gonna get the anzac day medal this year.

3 Likes

That ■■■■■■■ kick from half back, took ten seconds then kicked it straight to Jacobs surrounded by four other crows. I can’t stop thinking about it.

2 Likes

Will and should play ANZAC Day, where his name alone is enough to strike fear into the Pie defence. Some of them are still having nightmares over ‘that’ goal.

I think a lot of the criticism in this thread is because people over rate Zaha. He’s a better than average outside player. He’s not a star. He’s limited. But he’s no worse than Smith or Hill during Hawthorn’s premiership years. You need players of that level. It means your bottom 10 are strong.

8 Likes

A second rounder and steak knives player or upgrade on a late round draft pick for Zaharakis, plus it gives him the opportunity to play finals and maybe experience success at a contending club.

win/win

That’s a huge lose. Why do you think a second rounder will be better than Zaha???

1 Like

Was gonna bring up the same passage of play, that sums up with possession counts are meaningless alot of the time.

not only did he kick it to no mans land and no where near Danihers advantage, he kicked it straight to an adelaide player as you say where there was a 4-1. Somoene in the age bracket of being in their prime should not be making those sort of basic skill and decision making errors, especially from a stopped bit of play.

Between that and his constant releasing the ball by hand and foot when under the slighest bit of pressure, whether by a blind kick forward to no one, or handballing it to someone in a worse position and under more pressure, there is just little to no value in keeping him in the side.

When he is up and about and FULLY fit, he can be dangerous, but he’s a player you constantly have to be telling to do the basic things, cos he just doesn’t have the concentration to self manage those areas, which again in a 27 year old senior player, is not good enough.

Would definitely take a 2nd rounder. Fog says North has offered him a big contract. If they give him 4/5 years they can’t not justify a 2nd rounder. Say they finish 14th, I’d take pick 22. Or God forbid we end up 8th take the upgrade from pick 10 to 4 and a swap of 3rd rounders.

That’s what I reckon his value is. Better than Melksham at pick 27, but no way Essendon would get a first round pick for him.

He’s a FA.

And I’m saying the odds of getting a better player who will give us as many (future) years of service is low with an early twenties pick.

1 Like