#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

perfect time to drop him now but he won’t get dropped as they’ll prefer “resting” Stants, Kelly and perhaps Jobe.

1 Like

Well, tbh Jobe probably does need a rest.

But Zaharakis certainly didn’t have a good game.

1 Like

LOL

He has runs on the board in the sense that he made a handy 27 not out 4 years ago

3 Likes

he’s silk when in the clear, but so shaky anytime there’s a hint of pressure. I think we can’t afford carrying him - it’s a privilege perhaps allowed for a new player - e.g. Long, to come in and have a few nice touches till he builds a body to continually contribute throughout the game. not Zaka,

1 Like

He’s really not anymore

2 Likes

Hmmm I thought he was great today. Bar when he went for glory from 50 instead of putting it on Hookers head.

That’s the problem. You can handle the ‘outside centric’ aspect of his game when he is hitting up targets and kicking goals on the run, but his disposal has gone to sh*t.

I’m one of his biggest fans, but he shouldn’t play next week.

4 Likes

:neutral_face:

1 Like

Was good in the last quarter

yep. in 09.
today - had some moments and a few touches towards the end - improved compared to the 1st three. but also a few stuff-ups and a glaring bruise-free moment.

3 Likes

Somebody has to make way for Hocking and Howlett before they kill some poor VFL opposition kid.

8 Likes

I thought he was OK with a couple of over-handballing exceptions. But the haters will hate.

got a good laugh amongst the supporters around me when i screamed “Zaharakis… ZAHARAKIS HAS KICKED IT OUT ON THE FULL”

Yeah we have better mids than him

Give him a run in the VFL until he gets some form.

Yeah, I went full bore for it prior to the kick, too… ‘cause it’ll never be as good to say it afterwards.

Wants to play bruise free football. He has not put in the required effort for weeks now. Time to try someone else.

2 Likes

he generally plays like this when he is carrying some sort of injury.
his disposal and decision making are generally good, unless under pressure.

I was ■■■■■■ with hims effort today, ran past zerrett to get a handball so he could have a shot, instead of putting on a shepard and allowing zerrett to either hit up a target or have a shot.

but again, he normally plays this extra soft and poorly when he is injured, hence he prolly shouldn’t be playing due to that fact alone.

1 Like

Just hasn’t kicked on as we all would have hoped.

1 Like

Has to be dropped for mine.

Haven’t had the chance to watch the replay but was constantly disappointed by him today. His decision making seemed poor, constantly putting players under pressure, typical lack of pressure on the opposition, poor disposal quality generally and just didn’t do enough.

1 Like

I too thought he was OK.

2 Likes