#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

not a gambling man.

That’s fortunate for you, because it seems you’re neither an observant nor rational one either.

I find that suggestion amazing.

We’re in trouble if the zaka of the first 5 rounds this year is still in the team next year.

1 Like

Unfortunately its a 120mins of football and this stage he has only put 2 solid quarters of footy together so far this year

yeah righto, must have hit a spot there.

Another blitzism…

All our money is on Hurls, Watson and TBC.

(may not be true)

It’s hard to believe he actually won a best and fairest. I was one of his biggest fans and every yeat claimed it would be his break out year. Clearly thats not going to happen. Its the weak effort that i cant stand. You look at he and howlett and zaka should be twice the player. He isn’t. Howlett will offer you so much more but with far less natural ability. No way should zaka get a game next week. Not sure if true but apparently jobe gave him a spray at some point yesterday.

1 Like

Yep, agree with that. We (somehow) managed to make out like bandits and get a 2R pick for Melksham. One memorable moment aside, Zaha’s career sadly hasn’t amounted to all that much more than Jake’s. Are the Tinrattlers still keen? Can Jackets make lightning strike twice?

Zaharakis is going OK and playing his role - He undoubtedly can play better and this will make us a better team - There are 2 or 3 who are travelling far worse than him.

Well, look at what I quoted from you.

Which incidentally, if you are 100% sure of something, it wouldn’t be gambling at all, would it??

So in that case, you should have no issue putting your house on it, and doubling your wealth, right?

Just an average player now unfortunately and quite easily replaced - not an inside player and not an outside player anymore as he has lost his burst acceleration

Not strong in the contest, loses his feet - oh boy. If he remains in the team going forward then the coaches see something that most of us are missing

I’d be playing Langford et al before Zaka. Loves the club so it’s going to be difficult to move him on

2 Likes

He is doing just enough to stay in the team. That mark he took running back with the flight of the ball showed a lot of courage. They are trying to play him as an outside player which he just isn’t that good at. I actually think he is better when he is given the responsibility to win the contested ball in the center. Needs a change of role was really good in and under last year, give him that responsibility and see how he goes.

Luckily for him there will be 5-6 older players going over the next year or 2 so I think he’ll be kept on with another 2 year contract for his midfield “experience”
Hopefully during that time we’ll have enough improvement in the squad that he’ll be used for depth.

Let me put this here:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-free-agents-2017-official-list-of-restricted-unrestricted-free-agents-revealed/news-story/25cf1a373d6626218a613c490f03003b

Its possible but it would take exceptional circumstances for a trade to be done with Zaka, and even then it would be nominal picks. I for one don’t want to see him go as I think he has some value. But for those that consider him to be an out and out midfielder, maybe you need to temper your expectations. His value will be as a HFF/Wing/sometimes Midfielder.

Is the type of player that would fit in at a team like Norf.

Having said that, he is still an important player when in form so hopefully he turns it around soon.

He’s played how many games for us?

Will back Zaka to come good, everyone saying he should be gone is forgetting how important he was last season. Zerrett, Parish and a couple of others can credit him taking the tag for their rapid development.

He has some ability playing as a forward, is a handy hit up small-mid sized forward. I’d give him a crack there before dropping him. Use him as a rotating mid rather than a permanent one.

jesus

1 Like

He went missing for quite alot of it…

Are you saying prayer is the key to your amazing 100% guarantees?

Or “Jesus, I wish I’d never made such a silly post. Of course there’s every chance he gets better as the team comes together &,could finish the year brilliantly for all I know” ??