#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Zaka without ANZAC day '09 already plays for North.

I personally don’t see his worth past his current contract but I reckon he’ll make it through just because of the players we have that are going to call it a day after this season.

But, he only just turned 27 so there’s enough time if he pulls his finger out to be remembered for something other than a goal he kicked when he was 19. I hope he does.

1 Like

You willing to drop your house on that?

Speaking of dropping, have your balls yet?

1 Like

i’ll get back to you on that.

1 Like

neither, more like “jesus, you need to get a grip on life”.

1 Like

All you who are convinced zaka is cooked obviously have the people who count at the club on your side, which is why they have him in the vfl. Oh wait…

1 Like

Selection decisions are not the killer blow in an argument about player form, they’re the kicking off point. If Zaharakis got dropped, the debate would be framed by those who think he should be selected. People have these arguments in full understanding that they disagree with the people who count at the club, that’s why there’s an argument happening.

1 Like

Ok I’ll bite. With objective reasoning like " Jesus"?

Did you even read the chain that lead to jesus?

you got someone saying ‘hurr durr if you’re so confident why don’t you bet your house on it’

whats next? face up to zaka tell him you’ve been a member for 50 years and that you’ve bet your house on him being cooked?

2 Likes

Nah you missed the step where you meet them face to face and beat then up first, and then tell Zaka face to face.

2 Likes

My mistake.

1 Like

To further the selection committee point.

Ambrose was selected but hes now injured. How did the club not know this? wheres its duty of care to its players?

I did that 20 years ago when I grew up, … maybe you should fkn try it sometime.

Stop making ridiculous comments.

Clearly missing the point.
It’s the fkn “Proclamation” versus opinion that gives people the shitts.

Especially when it’s obvious you have no fkn clue what you are talking about.

Children!! Fark.

I dunno.
I would walk 500 miles …

3 Likes

Load him in baguleys cannon

1 Like

Playing pensive football no doubt.

Lack of confidence? Or Soft?or both?

Lacking a yard suddenly? Or carrying a niggle?

To me, he looks like he’s lost a bit of zip, isn’t going hard when it’s his turn, and not getting enough of the ball.

He’s got this week for mine before he has to go back to the 2’s.

1 Like

Francis and Green at their best on that one

2 Likes

I spent quite a bit of time watching zaka playing today (in those moments when we were stuffing around!)

He runs parallel to the play - up and down forward and back - and stays wide generally. Presumably this is to give us “width” and provide a switch / wider option

He typically does not enter congestion for the hard ball get. Although obviously he needs to sometimes - tackling is ok when he gets close enough. He’s not vocal and certainly not an on field leader with his body language (also at the breaks - before,during and after)

Quite often he called for the ball but was bypassed for the more direct route and when he was the option his disposal efficiency was about 60% and sometimes butchered it

Quite often lost his feet and pushed off the contest. Seems to have lost his burst speed and acceleration and core strength

In short, not sure how much longer he will be a preferred option!

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Zaka but I’m losing patience.