#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

hes time is up, lets face it we are a mile off it this year… so time to play the kids and clean out a half dozen players end of the year.

Zacca obviously loves the club, but unless hes willing to play for minimum wage, he should be moved on

1 Like

He’s playing like a guy with 1 foot out the door. Does he already have an agreement to move next year or has he possibly gotten softer as he’s aged? Must be dropped this week.

5 Likes

Should of been traded out last year while he still had at least a little currency.

Plays bruise free footy. The fact that he keeps getting games is a joke.

2 Likes

It’s beyond a joke how terrible he has become. He honestly is the worst defensive player at the club

5 Likes

Will make a very good 8th or 9th mid in a good team.

could we get a late 2nd rounder?

Ricky Zaharakis?

1 Like

Uncharacteristically over-cooked a multitude of kicks today…

But our midfield is so lacking in running ability that we simply cannot afford to let him leave the club.

yes we can . we are a 10-14 side

an outside runnee with hoooorible disposal will make little difference. play irish there

1 Like

Yeah that’s the fkn solution, give him another contract because our midfield is pretty crap already. That kinda attitude is so fkn mediocre and has been a problem for 15 years

If Anyone had any balls, they would put a line through his name today and move on. He’s become our consistently worst peformed midfielder who will touch it 30 times once every 5 weeks. Get whatever you can for him and hit the draft. He will never change and at 27, he ain’t getting any better

5 Likes

Needs to be given a rocket and a spell in the VFL.

It’s time for him decide if he wants to stay at the club or not…

1 Like

But he can’t be playing poorly because he is not getting the main tagger every week!!!

2 Likes

Spot on.
Need to go back to the VFL

1 Like

Zaka will be more productive going forward than Hocking/Howlett/Bird/Jerrett…

Jobe/Stanton/perhaps BJ all approaching retirement…

Mckenna/Morgan/Redman/perhaps Mutch can still only aspire to touch Zakas level…

Losing Zaka for another second round pick is cutting into the bone.

I’m curious to see how he responds to 2-3 weeks playing rezzies.
Is he satisfied/content just being an AFL player ?
Let’s find out.

He needs to go back now.
No ifs or buts.
We can’t carry his level of softness, particularly when his attacking game has deserted him.

We’ve missed an opportunity in the last 2 years to obtain value for him at the trade table…unfortunately !

2 Likes

I would back any of howlet, bird, jerrett or hocking to add more to the team than zaka even if played up forward.

Drop him to the vfl for a month and find out if he is prepared to work hard to earn a game or not

1 Like

I get what you mean, our midfield is so weak the thought of giving away a player who can be a top mid on his day seems counterproductive. Not sure if we have a choice now, if he doesn’t want to put his body on the line he is a liability. I could see him going elsewhere & being a star like say Higgins has for the Roos but for us it just looks like he doesn’t care.

If someone gave us a pick in the 20s for Zaka I’d take it and run as fast as I could

5 Likes

would be accepted faster than melkshams

4 Likes

We betterget Hawthorn on the phone. theyd be the only club stupid enough to do it

1 Like