#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Doesn’t run fast, doesn’t hit targets, doesn’t nail gettable goals, doesn’t see players clear inside 50, doesn’t dig out the hard ball. What does he do exactly? Does he wanna be out there?

Bring in Mutch or another kid to grow into a role with some verve.

2 Likes

Good because its going to take some kind of major surgery to bring this team back to life.

3 Likes

I’ve defended him time and time again. I’ve pushed that he was outside player and used incorrectly last year. I’ve blamed the saga, i’ve blamed poor coaching…

The bloke is just a soft, one way running footballer that just doesn’t have the goods. No more games gifted to guys who can’t get the job done. Makes poor decisions and craps his pants whenever the smallest amount of pressure is applied.

Much rather see a young kid given an opportunity that watch this bloke run around anymore. If he was an opposition player, we would be making meme’s about him.

3 Likes

Can someone remind me again just how low I’m supposed to lower my expectations for him again? I don’t even think he’s meeting those already lowered expectations. I’ve been saying this since halfway through last year, where I’ve been threatened with personal violence for daring to bring it up, but his current form is what happens when you let poor habits and poor form continue without consequences every week. He’s been allowed to continue to play far below expectations week in and week out and now it’s at a point where he’s not only failing to meet what he should be playing like but he’s not even contributing anymore.

I think if we’re going to keep playing than maybe down back off the back flanks? If he doesn’t want to get in with the contested ball then perhaps being loose down back will help him get his mojo back?

1 Like

Is Hawthorn’s earliest pick for next year something like no 177?

1 Like

Maybe if our saviour Woosha could coach the players would respond

I think he’s a free agent so Hawthorn (or anyone else for that matter) wouldn’t have to find a trade we’d simply get a pick according to the AFL’s formula of whatever they feel like making it. We’d most likely get a pick after our own second rounder so something similar to what we got for Hibbo. The chances of us finding a better midfield option then are thin but if as I suspect he’s already agreed to go elsewhere then a pick around 25 (before the academy & other compo stuffs it up) would be the best we could hope for.

2 Likes

No doubt needs to be dropped, no intensity at all.

And if he is meant to be that outside mid, I sure don’t have much faith with ball in hand.

You can get away with being soft if you are on the outside, running hard, and executing your kicks.

But if you won’t go when it’s your turn, don’t really run two ways, and fark up kicks under no pressure.

You must be dropped.

1 Like

Zaharakis is a restricted agent though so a team that wanted him would still have to make a reasonable offer to make sure we didn’t match it if they really wanted him.
And I’m pretty sure compo picks are based on the net total points for free agents lost during the FA period so if he gets a good deal and a couple of other players (lets say Hocking and Howlett) find FA homes we could possibly end up with an end of first round pick. Cha-ching!

Yeah, ok, probably not going to happen.

Not sure why we haven’t dropped him yet?! Are we concerned of the ramifications of doing so when he’s a free agent this year?!

Either way, I think it should be made clear to players that they need to earn their spot. Lots of players in the VFL busting their ■■■ to get a call up!

Has been coasting ever since Zaka’s Diaries.

Needs more YAKULT

1 Like

He will re-sign IMO, it’s only a matter of time.
There is definitely a spot for him but a stint in the two’s might be the kick up the ■■■■ he needs as he is just coasting ATM

Serve him with tztaztiki and cucumber STAT

4 Likes

I was going to suggest a tztaztiki drip, but Zaka don’t like needles.

No way should he be loose down back. You need to come third man up in the contest or stand under a high ball. If you think he takes short steps now, it would be nothing compared to what he would do as a loose man in defence.

I don’t expect him to be an inside player, he just never will be i.e. square peg round hole. But as an outside player he needs be the link player that delivers to our forwards and gut runs to provide an option. He also needs to apply defensive pressure and push back hard when we loose the ball. Unfortunately he is doing neither right now.

He looks like he is lacking confidence as well, I actually think a stint in the vfl would be good. One as a lesson and two to gain confidence again. When on song he is a valuable addition to the team.

the spelling tzatziki is killing half my family heritage.

1 Like
1 Like

has anyone suggested he’s probably playing injured yet?

1 Like

heard he’s pulled a heart string