#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

What’s the bet he plays like 4 blinder games at the end of the year to get his contract and then revert back to 14 touch footy in 2018.

1 Like

Forgot about that.

Yep.

I’m not sure why everybody likes to rewrite the past about Zaha as though that makes their current point more valid.

The Blitz meme that ‘he kicked one goal on Anzac day, and then played a few good games ever since’ is not only wrong, it’s missing the real story here.

Up until 2014, this guy had been steadily progressing upwards into a very solid goal-kicking wingman, but now seems to have not only stopped, but gone backwards. He’s a shell of the player he was.

But same level as Dyson, Lonergan etc… Fark off.

11 Likes

Blitzterical ridblitzulous bullitzshit.

I suspect Worsfold sees him as a core part of the midfield, and will give him every opportunity to find form - Get his kicking working and that will cover the other deficiencies in his game.

He’s out of contract at his peak age and contributing little to an ordinary team. That should be enough.

3 Likes

Bomber Thompson just said that he had bad running habits and didn’t run back enough and tried to get it out of him, and that we’re better off served pplaying him as a forward. Does he have to say it to his face, I wonder @Bacchusfox? Dems fighten’ words from him.

3 Likes

You’d have to agree with him. Runs one way.

If he won’t put enough pressure on in midfield would he do it fwd however.

Certainly gets greedy around goals does Zaka. You do want that hunger for goals from fwds.

Early in his career was excellent as a HFF

2 Likes

I’ve always said that I thought he contributed more as a forward, but at this point I think we’d be better served trying to get something for him via FA and bring in an young player that can join our young core to take us forward.

1 Like

I reckon Zaka would chuck footy in before he played anywhere else.

1 Like

Been saying it for the past three years that he should be moved back forward. He doesn’t have a future in the mifdfield.

Just do it. He can quite easily be a 30 goal a year forward.

I like it, … then Walla can go back to putting dents in leading forwards chests.

The whole forward / back thing is nonsense these days anyway. Defenders will push up and kick a goal, forwards will midfield and help defence and mids do it all.

Everyone needs to be offensive and defensive minded.

Yep, he just doesn’t work hard enough

2 Likes

Could play him in a back pocket.

That’d make him defensively minded.

Calling him soft seems to work too …

My mind is pretty offensive at times. You reckon I could get a gig?

1 Like

How do you defend having an offensive mind? If you don’t mind…

1 Like

Back off ya *****

2 Likes

Beautiful work.
I dips me lid.

1 Like