#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

You seem to have mis-spelled the name. It’s actually “Pox-face-never-wrong-lying-arrogant-snivelling-c-0-c-k-head-carnt-Barrett”

4 Likes

I’d let him go. He’s overrated and doesn’t offer any long term value.

A slow outside player who is not that damaging with the ball who also does not defend.

I’d take the best deal and run.

1 Like

He’s one goal off his 2016 total.

Looking at where he’s getting his possessions this year (AFL app heatmaps) - the bulk are coming in the back half, not deep - up around the right back flank and around the wing. Can only assume his role is something to do with being a link man on that side of the ground?

He will come good.[quote=“Darth_Taj, post:1821, topic:451, full:true”]
He will come good.
[/quote]

A lot quicker than I expected but welcome back Zaka, Need to maintain it though.

1 Like

Zaka’s the inverse-Laverde though. He plays every week and it’s doing his value no good.

1 Like

something definately fishy going on here.

as someone else said, the general consensus of blitz has been
What role is stanton playing ? he’s not doing that well atm. equals to him having been dropped twice now.

general consensus on gleeson is he hasn’t been going that well, equals being dropped twice.

zaka we don’t know what role he’s playing and he’s playing poorly to boot, equals … nothing.

So many seem to have short memories around here, carlisle (and i’m not saying zaka is leaving) was “playing his role” supposedly all the way through his last year, all the while slagging the club off.
Just cos some still wanna hide behind “oh the coaches know all and best” doesn’t make it true.

Gleeson has always been in & out of side in Wooshas time as coach. Is an ok player without any stand out attributes so it’s expected IMO

Stanton is the oldest and slowest of our underperforming outside mids and won’t get a contract past this year. Makes sense he drops out first over Zaka / Colyer / Parish / McKenna.

Zaka is not playing well but to think something sinister is going on regarding him leaving I think is clutching at straws. He loves essendon, won’t happen.

He is playing a completely different role to last year which means he has to work harder for his possessions (which he isn’t).

As an outside mid however you are reliant on inside players getting you the footy. We are 18th for clearances in the comp!

We also don’t exactly have other outside mids banging door down to force him out.

I wonder if he’s thinking about leaving and its weighing on him. Seems a sensitive bloke maybe it is affecting his form.

I’d suggest as @Speedy_Gonzales has eluded to above, more likely with the return of the core midfield group he’s relaxed a touch and his work rate simply isn’t where it would need to be. He’s still finding a bit of the footy but is a long way from being damaging. Averaging ~18disp a game and 3.5 tackles. If this was 21 and 4.5 I’d be happy. So whilst he’s undeniably down, it ain’t quite as bad as some are suggesting. You’d imagine he’s on notice though.

He’s also not spending time at centre clearances - which would impact his possession count, you would imagine.

When he has the ball across half back and up on the wing, is he making the right desicions with the ball? One must assume he is, given he’s kept his spot.

Unlike Stants, he’s probably more familiar with Woosha’s game plan too.

1 Like

Will be BOG this week.
Take it to the bank!

2 Likes

Looked up and about big time at training this morning! Very vocal! I am predicting a big one tomorrow night from zaka

3 Likes

That’s what Senetor Trent said. Now he’s dead.

Of course!
We will play him every week, so we can trick those other clubs that he ahm…whatever…so we can get a better compo…ahm…trade…something…

1 Like

This has a touch of the monfries about it.

He may be worth more to another team, than what we are willing to pay.
Except he doesnt have the “go home factor”
I cant see him leaving Melbourne.

Monfries was a Essendon lad thru and thru, wrote a letter to EFC when he was 6 saying he wanted to play for us.

Just he never delivered on his high pick status and never made it as a mid, was a handy forward.

Zaharakis hasnt really delivered to our “expectations either”

I really hope he gets back to his best. The first 6 or so rounds last year he was brilliant.

Maybe we need to adjust our expectations of him also. If he gets 20 posessions and a goal each game I would be ok with that.

exactly. And he ain’t all that far off that at the moment. still, he’d be on notice.

I always thought that Zaka was going to be like Leigh Montagna. That is, spend the first 4-5 years of his career being an OK player, but then slowly building to be a disposal gathering and running machine and important cog in the team in the later half of his career.

Hasn’t really lived up to those expectations

2 Likes

Yep, I always thought that too. Montagna is the exact player I often likened him to.

I do wonder if the tag thing last year really burnt his confidence. Here he was, right on the verge of breaking out into the A grade mid category (his first 5-6 weeks last year were very impressive) and then… He got tagged back to mediocrity, and he never shook it.

Just wait until he retires and the media re-write history

‘and to preview this ANZAC game is the former 241 game superstar from the Essendon Football Club, Mr David Zahaaaarakis’

vomit

1 Like