#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Vomit?

2 Likes

Why do people say “he loves the club” when beginning every post? Is it because he kicked a winning goal once?

What makes you say he loves the club more than any other player? Is his love for example greater than Gleeson’s or Ashby’s was?

2 Likes

I think its because he was an EFC supporter growing up?

3 Likes

Just l-o-l

4 Likes

Yeah, missed having an “almost” in there.

His heart is pure Red & Black though, I reckon it would not just break but completely shatter to leave, … I just can’t imagine it, is the point I was making.

Monfries was great his first year at Port

1 Like

Time for Zaka to deliver now. 150+ games, 26 years old. He should be right in the peak of his career. First half I thought he was great last week, then 0 touches in the 3rd. Top players don’t go AWOL like that. Bomber Thompson made mention that he should be played as a forward/mid rather than a mid/fwd. I agree with that. Personally he may need a shaken up and go back to the VFL and try and get a response out of him. You don’t want to breed an attitude where he thinks he’s a walk-up start without putting performance on the board. Hopefully he turns it around this week, but if not he’s due a spell in the 2nds and pick a bloke like Bird or blood a kid like Mutch Or Clarke who are doing the business back there…

He had 30 possessions vs Crows. I’d be interested to see if that’s because he got more centre square time given Watson was basically a liability in that game and would have been rotated heavily/not even used in midfield in last quarter.

Also reckons that he’s fallen out of favour with the club which I find wrong if that were the case he wouldn’t be getting games.

Because he’s family are mad bombers supporters and his dream as a kid was to play for Essendon one day.

30 possies just 3 weeks ago eh? And when he got more centre time because the team needed him there, and he pushed & provided. How about that? Another pesky fact.

Cant see him leaving he’s not going to leave a club that he supported all his life.

What the actual? This is such a scornful, sneering comment! - fk me, expect it from a Carlton supporter in the comments section of the HS.

4 Likes

Exactly how I saw him.

V Crows

1 Like

This is exactly what I said pre season.

We have to temper our expectations on Zaka this year and going forward.

He is not in our best half dozen players, and is slowly (or quickly) becoming a part of our bottom 6 players, which is a good thing IMO.

However. There is no excuse for squibbing contests, blazing away from 50 when there are clear options and basic skill errors. On his potential he should be that 20 posession 1.5 goal a game player. But he is a fair way off that, and a stint in the 2’s would do him and the team wonders.

Don’t entirely agree. He has noticeably gone backwards this season. A good team would require more output from him. Since his performances are so vanilla this season, it means the expectations placed on him at EFC are not as high as they should be. Drop and put some pressure on him to lift his game.

1 Like

If you can’t admit he’s in poor form and struggling big time you honestly may as well just pretend every player on the list is performing a “role” and doing exceptionally well. Worsfold using a throw away line that he is “performing a role” is basically sugar-coating the issue to save him face and not embarrass him publicly, and shouldn’t be used by any rational person as an excuse for his poor form. His Brisbane game was the only decent game where he had a good last quarter, and his Adelaide game was poor. 30 possessions in a game where we had 50 more possessions than Adelaide and lost by 11 goals goes to show you just how useless possessions where in that game. We had 457 possessions in an 11 goal loss, and almost 40 more marks for the game. Cheap uncontested ball was dime a dozen for everyone in that game, even Brown got 29 possessions. Zaka wasn’t in the bests, he didn’t have an impact on the game and had a equal match high of 6 clangers. This is the same game where over half the team had over 20+ disposals and more in the high teens.

I’m hoping he turns it around this week because Geelong won’t bother to man him so it’s a good opportunity for him.

3 Likes

Boy oh boy wow wee

Zaka has the potential to rip a game apart and win it off his own boot- Gleeson and Stanton don’t, reckon that’s it really, gets a bit more of a grace period before the dropping

1 Like