#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Redeemed himself. Hopefully he can do it consistently now

Yep, didn’t think they would, we need more games like that, thankfully for us Zaka took full advantage. Geelong’s arrogance was their own undoing. Like I said before there’s still plenty of time in the year to turn it around, tonight was a great step. Now to keep the momentum against the Eagles!

Team functioned to the game plan properly.

Surprise surprise.
All the work he’s been doing, being where he was supposed to be finally paid of,

The thing with Zaka is that he is capable of playing a game like he did tonight. But I still think we should temper our expectations on him. He isn’t the type of player that will get 30 touches every week.

His manner how he went about his footy tonight is what we should expect every week. Went in hard, ran hard, and provided options.

Here hopes he continues this mentality of playing the game for the rest of the year.

1 Like

Parish says it also

About maintaining their “width” and not getting sucked into the contest

If your doing so reliant on others getting footy out to you

Or he actually just pulled his finger out and played really well?
You don’t have to justify his previous few months of bad games based on tonight, you’re really pushing sh*te uphill if you think Zaka has been playing well previously or he’s been anywhere near good enough.
He’s had a bad year but had a great game tonight. Now it’s time to wreck West.Coast.

5 Likes

Welcome back, Zaka!. More of that please.

Disagree. I’ve said it all along. Players with Zakas role, only really do well when the whole thing clicks.

Man this David Zakarakis guys pretty good.

1 Like

And,… one from the KAFA Peanut gallery …

A great read

8 Likes

He was really good. The best contested game I’ve seen from him in a long, long time - did some real dirty work and made Dangerfield and Selwood feel the tackle on separate occasions. Great game and hopefully will run into a vein of form.

3 Likes

Did he get injured? Herald Sun has listed him as injured but I didn’t notice anything at the game.

The high fend off from Selwood got him in the throat. Think it’s referring to that.

Is actually a great tackler. Technically.

When he bothers to do it, it always sticks.

Hopefully tonight gets the confidence flowing, because we need an in form Zaharakis.

4 Likes

WHO IS THIS MAN?

This is a new one. Move over “he’s being tagged” and “he’s playing injured”!

Like CB said. He’s been playing crap but played well last night. It’s hardly more complicated than that.

11 Likes

Nope. Halfway through the 2nd qtr, commentators, …“He’s had 18 possies,… 16 of those uncontested, … He’s been ON HIS OWN all night”

He was running to those same spots, and the team & plan clicked, . and he got on the end of them.

It’s no more complicated than that.

It’s what was happening last year, up until, (& that was why) he got tagged.

It’s what the Coach meant, when he said, “He is playing his / a role”

i wasn’t at the game so I can’t vouch for his work rate although I assume that improved. One improvement I did notice on previous weeks was he put his head over the ball when he had to take contact. To me he epitomosise the ‘confidence’ player definition, let’s hope he can maintain the great form of last night over the remainder of the season. He shows how important a weapon he is when he is up and going. We don’t have many damaging outside runners and need strong contributions from him and Colyer especially with the poor form of Stanton.

Yep, … that’s the 2nd part of it. When it works and he’s getting the ball, … or reward for effort, . he lifts. When it’s not getting to him,.he of course get’s frustrated, which cruels confidence.