#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Backed it up, was very good again.

Go Zaka!!!

What a game. Really thought he was Hepp there the way he attack inside

Everyone knows this is what he is capable of.

He transforms our midfield when he plays like this.

3 Likes

Amazingly rugged game we all expect from Zaka as a senior mid with pace. Would say that’s the most tackles I’ve seen him lay.

Had at least 4 horror entries into the fwd line, but was easily our BOG and set up the win in the first half.

Great response, lets hope he can keep it up!

I was wrong more games like this zaka and no trade threads.

1 Like

Led the tackle count for our midfielders. They seem to be playing him more inside now.

Dominant performance from Zaka

Great to have him back

2 Likes

Agree - feel like they’ve swapped BJ and Zaka around past 2 weeks.

BJ has been unbelieveable inside this year, and has been equally good on the outside past 2 weeks.

Great coaching move

1 Like

Great game David ! I knew you’d bring out your best today. She’s not bad-looking, that new hump. καλλονή.

He tends to have runs of form, both good and bad.

Let’s hope this good run continues, will be very important next week.

2 Likes

He was really, really good today. Basically makes all those telling me “oh he’s just not that good, don’t expect things” to be silly. He’s a damn good player when he’s on, we all know that. Give him space and he’ll hurt you.

Basically it’s as simple as this. He was shocking the first 7 weeks, he’s been great the last 2. If he continues to play like this I’d book us in for a finals spot.

4 Likes

Was BOG in the first half, played very well in the 2nd half.

Good to see him finally hit some form in the past 2 weeks. Keep it up zaka

1 Like

Cooked, … trade him for a bag of chips.

Slack, … weak, … soft.

1 Like

I was one of the ones saying that a few weeks ago. Now I have egg on my face and I’m very happy to be wrong.

Well done to those true fans that backed him in and claimed a breakout game was right around the corner. Been sensational the past 2 weeks!

2 Likes

Another who wanted him dropped. Happy to be proven wrong.

2 Likes

His bad form tends to come when injured. across the first 7 odd weeks i suggested maybe he’s carrying something, I wonder if it will come out soon, if he continues to play well, that he was carrying something.

Have a listen to Colyer’s interview - particularly around the 45" mark.

Quite articulate is Trav, seems a switched on young bloke.

3 Likes

Sounds like a student of the game, doesn’t he? He may have plans in that area.