#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

What a pleasing turnaround in form for him over the last fortnight.
This is the type of well rounded player we want him to be, hard at the ball when he needs to be, tackles that aren’t broken and with the ball in hand streaming through the middle hitting teammates on the chest.
We look a much better team when he’s going like this. Great to see.

1 Like

Studying law IIRC. Really well spoken and articulate young man

admitted he was tired

dropped!

Commerce - Law.

Kid’s very very switched on. Too smart to be a footballer.

3 Likes

Link?

Or who was the interview with?

Bombers website

1 Like

Thanks!

Been good the last 2 weeks.

1 Like

On our website :slight_smile:

1 Like

I refer you to my previous post in this thread:

Seems to have spent more time in the center and played as a follower the last two weeks. Closer to the role he played last year anyway. Seems to do better there than on the wing. Maybe unrewarded running isn’t his thing and he is better off just moving stoppage to stoppage. Seems unusual to be saying this as contested ball isn’t exactly his go but if playing as a Rover brings his best out so be it.

I think we have gone with a smaller more agile midfield over the last few weeks and it has felt much much better.

Are we still trading him at the end of the year?

Not sure if serious… (he’s a free agent)

He’s playing better the closer he gets to being out of contract.

Weekly rolling contracts?

1 Like

Loved his presser. The fans remember. Boo whomever they want.
Fk u mitchell u cheap fkn dog cvnt. Bad thing about greens tackle is that [edited out].

Ps is @westozziebomber alive?

1 Like

He plays better when we’re winning games of football.

Garuntee he’ll have a bad game when we have our next loss

1 Like

8 Likes

Maybe was seeing things but I reckon in the weeks before the last couple he spent a lot of time looking around, finding a gap in our zone and going there to fill space, and directing traffic, rather than going to the stoppage very often. And I remember Woosha saying something to the effect of him ‘doing his role’ or something. So I do wonder if they were trying to get him to do something hoping he’d get the ball, and then ditched that when it dudnt or whether it’s all just how he’s approached it. Whatever, there’s no doubt his output was down, and now it’s not.

Has proven how important he can be. He’ll make a huge difference to us if he can keep it up.

I hope he (or Conor) don’t become the new Stanton whipping boy.