#12 Mark Baguley

Yeah i agree totally mate. I was saying this just the other day. Watching replays from the end of last season he was so important. He’s definitely best 22.

11 Likes

I’m watching the same replay, game starts with huge Stringer pack mark, followed by an Andy McG spoil that lands straight in Tippa’s lap for the easiest of goals.

Andy McG could be a revelation forward in spurts. Speed, leap, tenacity, smarts, great kick, great handball, defensive effort.

2 Likes

As true as all this is, he is around that age where players start to decline. I wouldn’t be surprised if he did have a quiet year, although I really hope not because he’s a warrior and I love what he brings to the team

2 Likes

Baguley sets the tone, he is important.

2 Likes

Totally agree.

When down back he had the thankless task of being exposed deep one man out continually with the ball coming at him at a million miles an hour due to very little pressure from up the field, but now his skillset alllows him to have far more influence.

Nobody enjoys kicking a goal more than Baggers. Well maybe Hooksy.

2 Likes

I think he’s our break glass in case of emergency option. I think a young player will get priority over him.

After his performances last year, I think the spot is his to lose. Plus he can play back when required- like when saad got hurt in the saints game

5 Likes

I can’t make up my mind. One day I think he will make the side, the next day I’ve preferred to give a kid a go in the role.

Too close to call.

1 Like

They wont put in a young player just for the sake of it. They’ll put the best player in, regardless of age. And at the moment i think it’s Baguleys spot. The young fellas can try to knock him off his perch.

7 Likes

I think its just as much a case of the role that Baguley plays.

Who is comparable on our list?

Going with a Begley or some other player means a change in structure and direction.

Yeah i agree. Maybe when Mozzie has another year of development under his belt he might slip into that role? I haven’t seen enough of him playing to know how similar he is.

1 Like

Apparently he has a similar mindset to both Walla and Baguley and that is to chase and tackle.

Great news. I wonder if Baggers pinged a hammy late in the season then they’d give him a run? Because like you said, it’s either that or change the structure.

I still see Begley being in our best forwardline. I’m just not sure where he fits in.

1 Like

I personally think its one of Begley or Laverde

2 Likes

That’s a shame. Was hoping for a mindset of get the ball and kick a goal.

Like Green?

1 Like

Baguley or Laverde?

Discuss.

They are completely different types. Considering we are looking likely to play Myers, stringer and Langford who will share midfield/medium tall duties i just don’t see room for lav in a two tall one pinch hitter set up.

1 Like

Agree, that is why I think Baguley will get the nod ahead of Laverde. Plus Bags allows Walla and Fantasia go up and get some midfield minutes.

2 Likes

thought Laverde was training with the mids? I think he will be a rotating mid that rests as a 3rd tall in the forwardline